Case of the missing messages...

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

Brandon
Chromis

Case of the missing messages...

Post by Brandon »

We seem to be missing a lot of messages.. Did you have to restore from a backup?
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

I hope not, autopruning is turned off of all forums and no restores were made. We did go down this morning because the domain went down from the move. What in particular do you see missing, i see the June meeting post still up and some i did recently. If you do see one missing though, tell me who posted it and when, maybe even the topic. If something is getting pruned i need to know about it, we have a ton of web space so lets fill this baby up.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

All of the post made in the last couple of days with the exception of general reefkeeping. Salt-n-limes post on digital cameras in Off Topic. I placed an ad for a 42 gal in buy /sell and and another post on a guy selling his stuff in fort walton in the buy sell forum. Not sure what else.. but looks to be a good many off hand.

The ones in general reefkeeping or alabama reefers don't seem to have been affected.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Looks to me like they did the transfer twice, dont know if this is going to make sense but i will explain it anyway. Before the transfer to Orion i backed up the entire site. I put in an announcement in two forums General, and Ala Reefers (which are now gone). I put in a topic on a Brown Recluse, which is also gone :? . Now they all are gone, so i see now what you are talking about. All seemed ok i saw the files transfer, and all our post were there. Was not going to do another backup till this Friday as normal. Well this morning the domain died and i requested them to fix it. They explained that the mapping did not make it in the transfer, as they did not know that i had www.mbrk.com mapped to the Europa server. Well after they "fixed" the mapping this morning it looks to me like they recopied my SQL database. I sent them an email on this but i have no idea on the outcome. I am not too worried about it personally i can repost my one Brown Recluse post. I know that Shawn is going to rake me over the coals about it though. And i know "if its not broke dont fix it" but for us having future features on our web site i wanted a Photo Album. I am sorry though if we do not get our post back guys, really. But i am not a pro at this and dont claim to be, but i dont think this one was my fault, the guys promised me it would be "painless" and i would never know that they did the transfer.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Mmmmhhmmmmm,

Why is it always MY messages..... :twisted:

It a conspiracy :!: :wink:
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Dude i am soo sorry. It really wasnt me this time, but they may be able to get them back. No reply yet, but they do work fast on letting me know stuff.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

:roll: Man shawn I told him not to... I swear!!!! :roll:
Wonder what it is going to take to get a bigger tank?????
lzb3
Copepod

Post by lzb3 »

Hey Stuff Happens. I happen to think that you have done as good a job with this site as any "pro"could have done! My hat's off to you on this one! :mrgreen:

Elizabeth
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Doesnt bother me at all.. just wanted to make you are aware of it. And you have done a WONDERFUL job with this site, so thanks.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Here was the reply...

Hello Kevin,

The only way messages could have been lost is if they posted after the site transfer.

The site remained live (on the old server), and available to you as we always do, for a period of time.

Unfortunately, the database and site have now been removed from Europa.

The only possibility I think, would be if someone posted at a page that was cached, shortly after the move.

I hope this helps.
Thank you for contacting support.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

snoopdog wrote:Dude i am soo sorry. It really wasnt me this time, but they may be able to get them back. No reply yet, but they do work fast on letting me know stuff.

Ditto's... Kevin has done a great job. But hey, It's my (birthday)party , I can cry if I want to....cry if I want to..........you would cry too if it happened to you :lol: Wow, where did that come from :shock: .

I watched fame the other night. Anyone remember that one. :? OMG!! I survived the eighties. I forgot "Rocket Ramono" from ER played in it. He was the curly skinny red head guy that came out of the closet in drama class. I about pee'd on myself when the whole building came running into the street dancing in tights and pink bellbottoms. I forgot just how much a tough guy I was in my parachute pants and converse. We would have got our asses kicked in todays highschools.
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Ahh.. getting older is not so bad.. I turn 35 this weekend :? I'm sure I'll live through it
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Err must had been before my time, i dont remember that.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

You still play that thing ? Here is my first

"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.