Starting over 1 more again

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

LoneStar
Amoeba

Starting over 1 more again

Post by LoneStar »

I am going to start completely over with my setup. Each time I start over, I try and correct problems I previously had. The problems this time were:

1. Not enough overflow
2. Not enough room for the sump and equipment

Is there anything at all y'all would do different on your setup if you were starting over again? I would like to try to avoid any more engineering flaws on this setup.

Thanks very much,
Jeremy
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

There are probably a lot of things I could have or should have done different but the ones that stand out are
1. I would have drilled my closed loop drains bigger.
2. I wouldn't buy another tank with a center brace.
3. Buy a tank that has more or the same depth as height.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
medikall
Amoeba

Post by medikall »

I really agree with those that Scott just posted. Only one I have to add is if your going to have an intank overflow, dont set the drain pipe to drain all the way to the bottom of the tank, because of the 24" waterfall in my aquarium is way to noisy.
Sean
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

I would had drilled the overflow bigger on the 29 gallon, It is 1 inch and still cannot handle decent flow.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

I agree with the width vs the height.....the wider the tank the more room for corals....better to aqua scape.....also the comment on noise if you have the durso pipe sized right the noise sould go away...
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

I would isolate my xenia and green star polyps better. They are slowly taking over my tank.
RENTON: I chose not to choose life. I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got Heroin?