local bought corals

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

tbmoore
Astrea snail

local bought corals

Post by tbmoore »

If you read many post on here and other sites you will notice that many have experieced stress, RTN, and other problems with their stock...some has been replaced but RTN and other problems do not show up till it is too late or after a purchase....This is a hobby of taking your time...any deal that looks too good to be true just might be...I would not purchase any corals ect for another month or so from the local area...If you really need something I would order from california or somewhere out west.....ever if stock was replaced it could have come from fla or local area...RTN can effect your whole tank...It was not long ago I heard someone sold off most of their private stock after an crash of their tank...(temp problem I think) everyone who made a purchase was burnt....I could be way off base but waiting another month can't hurt and might save you a lot of money....JMO......terry
medikall
Amoeba

Post by medikall »

Hmm, maybe just the newb coming out of me, but RTN?
Sean
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

rapid tissue necrosis - the "skin" of a SPS will die off, quickly... it's a communicable disease, so your whole tank can start crashing from it in worst-case scenarios.

it's a SPS thing... I wouldn't know about it, me being the softie enthusiast around here it seems :wink: :lol:
-Josh Murrah