October Meeting Suggestion

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

customreefs
Amoeba

October Meeting Suggestion

Post by customreefs »

Hello everyone. I hope everyone is recovering from the storm well. I have seen that many people lost fish and coral in their tanks as did we and it was sad that it happened. I hope that everyone will still continue the hobby spite the losses. We were going to attend the September meeting and offer to host the October meeting, but the storm interfered with these plans. Even though the shop is not at full stock after the storm, we would still like to offer to host the October meeting there. We have plenty of room, large BBQ grill, plenty of seafood, Karaoke and music. Im sure we would have a great time. We also plan to give away some items and live stock if we get more in, to help everyones efforts in rebuilding the hobby. I know our location is not convient to most in the group but would still like to extend the invitation.

Thanks
Last edited by customreefs on Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
reefman8471
Amoeba

October Meeting

Post by reefman8471 »

Hello;

If you host it in Pascagoula I would definitely come. I'm in Mobile and know my way to Pascagoula better that around Baldwin County.

Hope to see you then;

James
reefman8471@aol.com
There are no problems; only solutions.
Phisher
Hermit Crab

Post by Phisher »

I will definately try to be there as well. I'm sure everyone needs some R and R after the past few weeks so we need to try and do this up big to lift some spirits.

Joe
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

I will do my best to be there. Do you have any ideas on a date?
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

That's a great idea, We'll do our best. Kind of far distance from outside of Fairhope.
Karen
customreefs
Amoeba

Post by customreefs »

Scott wrote: Do you have any ideas on a date?
The best date for us would be Sat the 16th I believe but I will double check to make sure. We have shrimp and crab on hand and some beer. Any suggestions are welcomed. If you need to see where we are located, click below :

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?la ... ype=search
danielmiller82
Bristleworm

Post by danielmiller82 »

im getting married on the 15th....so the 16th is a NO NO for me... although the next weekend would be great!
-daniel
http://www.admiller.com
-30g long and a 9g percula tank in the babies room.
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

danielmiller82 wrote:im getting married on the 15th....so the 16th is a NO NO for me... although the next weekend would be great!
CONGRADULATIONS!!!
All kinds of celebrations happening
Karen
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Any weekend is good for us, as far as I know.
-Josh Murrah
Fish-R-Friends
Amoeba

Post by Fish-R-Friends »

Looking forward to attending my 1st meeting. any time would be good for me, and its close to home for me.
megelBeagle
Amoeba

Post by megelBeagle »

I two plan on coming for the first time, may bring another new reefer. Anytime is cool. I'll be glad to bring something.
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Sounds Groovy
- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.
Deanna
Amoeba

Post by Deanna »

I think I may step on some toes here, but I personally would rather have the meeting at someone's home. The original idea was to have the meetings at each other's homes to see one anothers tanks and such. I would also just generally feel more comfortable. I believe that if custom reef's would like to give away "stuff" then they would be more than welcome to at any of the meetings at someone's home. It would be like having a meeting at B&B. That just sounds bad. No offense to Custom Reef's or anyone who would rather have it there. I just feel as though it would be in the best interest and comfort level of the members to have the meeting at someone's home. Thanks for listening and being objective!

Deanna
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

Deanna said what I have actually been thinking and again not stepping on anyones toes but it just seems a little out of place.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Ditto.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate