A warning to fellow MBRK members.

This forum would make Sanford and Son's proud.

Moderator: snoopdog

stanton
Amoeba

A warning to fellow MBRK members.

Post by stanton »

Do not accept Pay Pal from Nika Watson(Smork81)!! After reapeted attempts to contact her and try to work something out it is now out of my hands. I am out 600.00 for trusting what a I thought was a friend like we all do here on the board. I have traded, bought, and sold with quite a few from you guys (Girls too) on here taking personal checks, holding things and been trusting without any fear of what happened.

If this shouldn't be here then I ask the Mods to remove it... just a warning to my friends. Full story over on Reef central under buyer seller feed back. Come to find out I'm not the only one she has ripped off!

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showt ... id=1337606

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showt ... id=1332301

Stanton
redpheonix
Copepod

Post by redpheonix »

If it were me i would be driving to pascagoula , ebay should have the address and also if you had to mail anything to her you would have an address... also if you file a complaint with the pascagoula police department about check fraud then he could have a warrent put out for her arrest, because of the amount it is no longer a mistaminer theft. Also if she is a northrup grumman employee as i believe you told me you could contact the pascagoula office (human resources dept) and see if ther is any way they could help put you in contact with her... You could possibly even have the money garnished from her wages is you desided to take legal ramifications...
110 gal reef
29 gal. pred
AQUAMAN
Amoeba

Post by AQUAMAN »

That sucks! She got me for 225.00 with one of those rubber checks!! I would do what zack suggested.
Looking For a Coral Fix??...I'm here to help!!
Progressive Marine LLC
6412 Airport Blvd
Mobile,Al 36608
http://www.progressivemarine.com
DrHank
Amoeba

Post by DrHank »

Could I suggest that you contact the FBI's Internet Fraud section. You're talking grand theft and since you are talking about two states AL and MS, I think that you'll find that they are the action agency.

They helped me recover on an internet purchase I made with in California when the item wasn't delivered and communications failed. Good luck, I hate to hear this happening.
Doc :D
stanton
Amoeba

Post by stanton »

It's all in the works.

Thanks for all the suggestions guy's.
Squirrelboy
Amoeba

Post by Squirrelboy »

This sounds like a fun case, be sure and keep everything you can concerning it and look for anyone you can concerning her actions, I know someone on her screwed over the person I bought my tank from on here because I was going to give him a check and he said he didnt trust anyone anymore after a MBRK member had rubber checked him, he wouldn't tell me who but if anyone else has had poor dealings with her they need to come forward we dont need people like that around, and Stanton, be sure to go after her on both fronts criminal and civil charges can be brought up for this one considering the amount, not to mention damages as I'm sure you could have already sold the tank and the fact that you are out 600 dollars in the mean time. I hope you get her and be sure and keep in touch with everyone she deserves to recieve all charges brought against her from what I'm reading in the post she has at least 2 felony charges waiting to go against here for theft, a few fraud charges may be possible as well, anyway, happy hunting and good luck keep us posted.
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

Wow. I helped that person get into the hobby. I would never have expected anything like that. Sorry to hear that, Stanton. Hope all works out in the end.
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

if this shouldn't be here then I ask the Mods to remove it.
Heh, no way, nail him/her.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

Glad I opted out of dealing with her. Something just didnt set right about the way she acted....

Sorry to hear that Stanton, you don't deserve to be treated that way....nor does anyone else. That really sucks.