327 Gallon Tank For Sale

This forum would make Sanford and Son's proud.

Moderator: snoopdog

CodeDaddy
Amoeba

327 Gallon Tank For Sale

Post by CodeDaddy »

Hi Everyone,
Several good friends of mine gave me this website since they know you guys really love fish and have some awesome setups, or are always looking for things to add.

I have a 327 gallon acrylic tank I either need to set it up or sell it, but I don't think I have the money to set it up fully so selling it is probably what I will be forced to do. It was my brothers, but I inherited it when he passed away. I just don't know what to do with it. I already have his other 55gal tank setup and love the enjoyment I get out of it.

The total size is 84"x30"x30", 327 gallons(296gal for fish, 31gals for the side filtering).

Here are some pictures of it: http://home.comcast.net/~blwhatley2/fishtank/index.htm

I'm open for suggestions and honest opinions. As you can see from the pics, it's sitting in my garage taking up space and in the way. I have to do something with it.

If you would like to buy it, send me an email or PM and I'll give you my number to discuss you coming and looking at it in person.
Thanks guys
Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Fishfood »

Thats a nice size tank. Looks like it would be great as a room divider with the filter on the end. Unfortionatly I can't take it off of your hands but sure would love to.

If you don't get any interest from this site you might want to post it in the following forums:

http://reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisp ... orumid=379

http://reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisp ... &forumid=2
CodeDaddy
Amoeba

Post by CodeDaddy »

Thanks for the links and comment. I will definitely check that place out. Part of me doesn't really want to sell it because of the sentimental value, but I don't know what else to do. When he had it setup, he had sharks and eels in it, and it was amazing. The only reason it wasn't setup when he passed away was because he moved into a smaller house and didn't have anyplace to put it. So he drained it, sold the fish, and put it in his garage. Unfortunately he never got around to setting it up again.
DrHank
Amoeba

Post by DrHank »

I can certainly understand the sentimental attachment but you are correct in assuming that it would be expensive to set up and maintain. You seem to be happy with his 55 gallon set-up and have that to remember him by. I personally think that you are doing the right thing in trying to pass it along to someone who will put it to good use.

I asked for the price (which you indaicate was $500) so that others would be aware. I do hope that it sells quickly and wish you the best with the 55 gallon tank.
Doc :D
CodeDaddy
Amoeba

Post by CodeDaddy »

Hey doc,
Thanks for the kind words and best wishes. I am hoping it will bring someone a lot of joy.
CD
Nepthea
Amoeba

Post by Nepthea »

CD
I am interested in the tank
ayou interested in a trade for a smaller tank ( 100 gal with stand and canopy.
Thanks
CodeDaddy
Amoeba

Post by CodeDaddy »

Nepthea wrote:CD
I am interested in the tank
ayou interested in a trade for a smaller tank ( 100 gal with stand and canopy.
Thanks
Hi Nepthea,
Unfortunately, I wouldn't have a place to put it or have much time to keep up with it. I already have the 55gal that keeps me busy and takes up a good size portion of our den. I do appreciate the offer though. If you are still interested in it, please let me know.
Thanks,
CD