It's been a tough year

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

Sue there is a product that removes heavy metals that I think is from Seachem. I used it and I think that it worked but you can never really be sure since I didn't have any heavy metal test kits. Look on the bright side, you have a tank and it has water and some livestock in it. It's more than I can say for now.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

Hi Scott, was it cuprisorb? I had thought about maybe trying something like Chemi-pure, but didn't know that it wouldn't just cause more problems. Things are starting to look up a little, the color is coming back on the blue stags (thought I'd lost them for sure but they hung in there). I'm starting to see some growth on the Acros that made it thru.

I'm glad things are starting to do better, I didn't want do the tank move with the situation as it was. Lost alot of sweet corals, but am just glad now that I didn't lose everything. :)

I feel for you not having a tank, but I can imagine you're going to have a pretty amazing setup when all is said and done. :P

Hope you're not working too hard!
casey
Amoeba

Post by casey »

Sue glad some are coming back wish you continued sucess.
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

Thanks Casey, hope things are well with you and yours!
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

Sue, I believe is was Suprisob. It turns a dark color when it is getting saturated with heavy metals and when I took mine out it was pretty dark and a lot of stuff looked better.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.