Nuff Said

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

Interesting. So we've completely thrown out the issue of pollution by encompassing it in the term "global warming". Dismiss one and you dismiss the other? The big thing in the 70's was simple pollution. But there's nothing simple about it. I think I'll go back to just saying pollution.

I'm always fascinated that it has to be all or nothing. Either on one side or the other, whatever happened to standing outside and looking at both sides? One scientist believes one thing and another one spends lots of time and money trying to prove him/her wrong. I guess that's science, in our football game way of looking at issues. The media of course is painting a scary picture. That's what they do. But if people allow the media to freak them out about anything, they don't really pay attention.

In my unscientific, armchair quarterback way, the issue with the reefs began with Runnoff, silt, algae caused by both, overharvesting whether by cyanide fishing or bombing, ect. This habitat change/damage causes stress in the animal making it weaker, and much less able to cope with the warmer temps. Blaming it solely on global warming is a little silly. But saying it's completely a natural occurance is silly as well.

I think there will be some of these animals that do make it. I can't imagine which ones...but it's interesting to think about.

I hope I don't sound pissy, I certainly don't mean to. I just like a good discussion. :)
Redfish
Copepod

Post by Redfish »

You don't sound pissy. It is not a winnable argument.

Scientists have to say black or white because they get paid to know one way or the other.

Politicians have to say black or white because they have to get elected by one side or another.

Religious leaders have to say black or white because they need followers.

The press must present black or white because they feel the need to cater to the lowest common denominator.

We have to say black or white because we, along with all of the above, have lost the true art of discourse. Reason without passion is pretty much long gone.
casey
Amoeba

Post by casey »

Very good Phil :D
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

Well said, Phil......and I thought you were only thinking about Red Snapper. :P
Redfish
Copepod

Post by Redfish »

......50 8/0 circle hooks....check
......50 2 oz weights....check
....25 lb menhaden flat....check
........running lights work.....check
.....battery charged.....check
.......reels rebuilt....check
.......fishing license...check
.....weather report....still 1-3... check
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

LOL!!!!
NM354
Copepod

Post by NM354 »

I can' believe you removed that last post. Looks like someone was offended. :lol:
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

What post was removed ?
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

There was a post right after mine. I can't remember who it was. I understood his point, I guess it could have offended someone, but don't think it was intended to.
NM354
Copepod

Post by NM354 »

It had a great point and was hilarious.
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

Maybe the poster deleted the post. Don't know why, if so.
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

So if you didn't delete it, snoop, then who did? Is there a time limit on deleting posts? I know who the poster is and I doubt that he deleted it.
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
StoneFish
Amoeba

Post by StoneFish »

Don't go blaming the mods/admins. I deleted my own post. I thought I might offend someone so I took it off. Sorry if I upset anyone by taking it off :lol:

The earth is changing, alway has always will. My thing is that the earth is being overpopulated with Homo sapiens, and its time we started getting the population down by culling out the inferior ones.
NM354
Copepod

Post by NM354 »

You crack me up Jonathon. I just loved the "I should have read this post instead of all those years at school." That was classic. :lol: