macro shots [picture intense - 56k beware]

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

reefer21
Amoeba

macro shots [picture intense - 56k beware]

Post by reefer21 »

just thought i would share some macro shots i took today...

Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

Nice pics. You must have very clean glass and a nice camera. I am thinking of getting a new camera, which one are you using?
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
reefer21
Amoeba

Post by reefer21 »

I just cleaned the glass before I took the pictures :D. I'm using a Kodak EasyShare DX4530 5.0 mega pixel camera. It's not a bad camera for the money and has a great macro mode.
danielmiller82
Bristleworm

Post by danielmiller82 »

EWWW turn of the date mode....the camera should insert the date in the Metadata

IMO-printing the date on the image is one of the WORST things to ever happen to consumer cameras.

Other than that these are some sweet pics!
Last edited by danielmiller82 on Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-daniel
http://www.admiller.com
-30g long and a 9g percula tank in the babies room.
reefer21
Amoeba

Post by reefer21 »

well i tried to turn it off, but i can't seem to find it

edit: just found it :P
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

Nice pics
reefer21
Amoeba

Post by reefer21 »

Thanks everyone for the complements.
Anyone notice my blue zoos in the third to the last pic? Look closely and you will see a blue dot right above the zoos I'm focusing on in the pic. I got the blue zoos from someone on nano-reef.com. When they shipped it to me, they were so small you couldn't see the polyps. I thought every polyp had either died or fell off the rock, but to my surprise only one polyp survived :D.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Is that a normal feather dusty, hitchhiker style ?
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
reefer21
Amoeba

Post by reefer21 »

snoopdog wrote:Is that a normal feather dusty, hitchhiker style ?
No unfortunately the feather duster is not a hitchhiker, but it only cost me 5 bucks :P
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

Full shots are beautiful, but i am partial to the macro shots, they are just stunning to me, and there is always something that you do not spot with the naked eye, or at least not at my age :oops:
Karen
titansgurl
Amoeba

Post by titansgurl »

I used to have a mushroom just like the first picture...*sniffle* It was my favorite... *sniffle* I lost it to the storm and such....*sniffle*

WAAAHHHHH!!!

reefer21
Amoeba

Post by reefer21 »

titansgurl wrote:I used to have a mushroom just like the first picture...*sniffle* It was my favorite... *sniffle* I lost it to the storm and such....*sniffle*

WAAAHHHHH!!!

titansgurl,
I can't give you a polyp for free yet, because it hasn't grown out yet, but I should be able to somethime soon. I will let you know when one of the polyps is ready. It already has two babys under it and I have only had it for a month or so. I could ship it to you or unless you want to meet somewhere on town and i can give you a polyp, since we live in the same town :P.
titansgurl
Amoeba

Post by titansgurl »

reefer21 wrote:
titansgurl wrote:I used to have a mushroom just like the first picture...*sniffle* It was my favorite... *sniffle* I lost it to the storm and such....*sniffle*

WAAAHHHHH!!!

titansgurl,
I can't give you a polyp for free yet, because it hasn't grown out yet, but I should be able to somethime soon. I will let you know when one of the polyps is ready. It already has two babys under it and I have only had it for a month or so. I could ship it to you or unless you want to meet somewhere on town and i can give you a polyp, since we live in the same town :P.
Aww thanks, but I'll have to pass for now. Hubby doesn't want one in the 135 and it's kinda his tank. We're considering setting up a nano for me sometime though. Maybe I'll hit you up for a polyp then, I'm sure we'll have something cool to trade. Thanks for the offer though.