New pics

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

New pics

Post by Scott »

I finally cleaned all the coralline algae off my front and side glasses so I thought I would take a few pictures. I can't seem to get colors to show up right though. These are some of the fish I picked up on vacation.
Attachments
Orchid Dottyback
Orchid Dottyback
DSCN0992.JPG (114.49 KiB) Viewed 2252 times
True perculas
True perculas
DSCN0999.JPG (131.08 KiB) Viewed 2252 times
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

More
Attachments
Springer Dottyback
Springer Dottyback
DSCN0998.JPG (111.58 KiB) Viewed 2251 times
Saddleback and Springer
Saddleback and Springer
DSCN0995.JPG (118.98 KiB) Viewed 2251 times
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

I really like the frogspawn picture (thats a big frogspawn).. Neat lighting, I set it as my background.

Are you liking the dottybacks so far?
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

The frogspawn really isn't as big as it looks, but I fragged almost half of it to sell and trade. It was really big.

I have 5 dottybacks in total: 2 Orchids, 2 Springers and 1 Neon. I really like the Orchids. The two orchids and the two Springers are in my 55 gallon. The neon is my least favorite. It is in my 18 gallon. None of them fight (yet) but they all came from the same grow out tank at the aquaculture facility.
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

looks good man, if theres any frag in my tank you want to trade, let me know...plus...i wanna see your tank
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

Where did you get that frogspawn, it is really beautiful and really like that trumpet. Tank looks awesome, would love to see it too.
Wonder what it is going to take to get a bigger tank?????
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Mike, I'll take one of each. No I really don't have too much room now, I even passed on a awesome yellow bottlebrush acropora in Pensacola on Saturday. When I get the 100 up though I will be ready for some more frags.

Amy, I wonder who....hmmmm. I can't seem to remember but they came out of an awesome tank of some people who had lost their minds (temporarily). They really look better when the halide is off. I am running 2 actinic and 1 50/50 so the Iwasaki really dulls the colors. I am getting great growth though.
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

I was actually seriously asking about the frogspawn, now I think I may cry..... :( He looks beautiful and has gotten HUGE. The trumpet... I think that thing could provide for everyone in the club eventually. I am glad you got them they look wonderful.
Wonder what it is going to take to get a bigger tank?????
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

I'm glad too. I have fragged the trumpet 2 times, each time about 9-10 polyps. The frogspawn I accidentally broke in half and then broke the smaller half in half and sold/traded those two. It really was getting too big for my 55 gallon and I got a skimmer in the trade. I've noticed that the frogspawn really likes the extra light from the halide. I have it on about 4 1/2 hours a day at three different times. I think that will be all I can do due to my temp getting to 83.
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

your tank seems to be doing great, i wonder if my stuff is growing that fast...maybe i should take some pics...
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

I couldn't tell if some things were growing unless I had taken pictures. Others changed colors and I hadn't even noticed. I took a whole bunch of pictures so that I would be able to compare them.
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Lookin really good Scott.
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "