WANTED: SUBMERSIBLE PUMP

This forum would make Sanford and Son's proud.

Moderator: snoopdog

dave3112
Amoeba

WANTED: SUBMERSIBLE PUMP

Post by dave3112 »

My gen x just died on me and I just wanted to see if any of y'all had any that you might want to sell. I need at least 600gph.

Thanks,

Dave
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

My genx died also this weekend.... Mine was the GenX 4100... I think they're having some quality control problems, as mine was not that old and was only used to pump freshly maid saltwater into my tank and old water out of the tank.
- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.
dave3112
Amoeba

Post by dave3112 »

I took mine out to clean the intake and impeller which I do about once a month to all my pumps. When I took out the impeller the magnet has a metal (i don't know why) covering and the covering was coming apart. It could have eaten a hole in the housing and caused alot of trouble. I am going to try to find the warranty info and send it back. But I will not buy gen x again.

Dave
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Same here.. the impeller assembly had split and the metal coil was exposed and very rusty.

I had 3 dang pumps quit on me this week.. sheesh!!!

First it was my GenX gx4100, and then my Sen-900 driving my skimmer froze up, and last night my return pump, a Little Giant 4MDQX-SC froze up when I turned it off to do a water change. Sometimes I hate this hobby :)

The SEN-900 is toast, the impeller is froze solid into the assembly, no clue what happened there. I tried soaking the whole thing in a bucket of white vinegar, and the epoxy stuff was destroyed doing this.. that part was weird, I opened up the back plate and the epoxy had bubbled up and corroded , never heard of vinegar doing this.. I guess they use something a little different that couldn't handle the vinegar dip.

Got the Little Giant going again after I cleaned it and oiled it. I just noticed how bad it had been working when I hooked it back up.. Wow, I have flow now.

ps: I emailed Pacific Coast Imports, the importer for GenX about the pump but have not heard back from them yet.
- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.
dave3112
Amoeba

Post by dave3112 »

this is the first time i have used gen x and with hearing you have the same problem it is definantly the last. i will e-mail pacific coast also to see if we can get some kind of answer.

I guess i have to go get another pump but no one here sells the big rio 2100 and up. si all i have in the tank now is 1 rio 2100 and 4 rio 50's that I had in my nano i took down.

Dave