View from the side

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

LoneStar
Amoeba

View from the side

Post by LoneStar »

I thought I would post a pic from the side before the waterchange. Unfortunately the countdown is on before I have to relocate everything (moving). Hopefully most will survive. I know its a bit blurry, I need to get better with the camera.

Jeremy
Attachments
IMG_12596X4.jpg
IMG_12596X4.jpg (125.98 KiB) Viewed 1260 times
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

Nice, I see that you have some of the same mushrooms that I have. Don't let them get too close to anything. I have one that just caused a couple of branches on a birdsnest to bleach. They even caused my Hydnophora to recede. The only thing that will kill them that I have found are Echinophyllias.

Are you moving? What size is the new tank?
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

Looking good, What happend to the large softy that you had
LoneStar
Amoeba

Post by LoneStar »

Scott, Yea, I agree about the mushrooms. I tried to give all my red ones away because they pretty much killed a porites (well killed a portion of it). Those blue ones killed a new branch of a blue tipped acro. I wish I had none of them but I really am afraid of scraping them off and they are on rocks that have other corals I want to keep.

Andy, while in Seattle, my wife informed me that my Hippo Tang was picking at it and it was only 1/2 opening. I was afraid of it sliming up and killing the SPSs so I asked her to pull it out. There was a small (about 2 inch) piece left when I got home and the Hippo was still plucking at it till it finally died. The tang bothers nothing else though.

Jeremy
fishgills
Amoeba

Post by fishgills »

Beautiful.