Sonuvaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

SaltnLime
Chromis

Sonuvaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Post by SaltnLime »

OMG! I was taking a pic of my Zoos and looked up and my Montipora.... I forget what it's called, but the plate one has a bleached spot on it. It was fine this morning!. I did add some Kalk mix that made my tank so cloudy I had to shut off the skimmer and stop dripping. Can kalk go bad? This was some that was given to me! :shock:

That frag has been doing fine for a week. The only thing different I've done is attacked some of the frags with that reef putty stuff and added the Kalk................

This is a Baaaaaaaaaaaaaad thing :cry:
Last edited by SaltnLime on Thu Jun 26, 2003 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

dood, calm down, it will survive...check your parameters...also, take a pics of it and post it so we can see....
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

parameters are fine. The salinity got alittle high yesterday...ran out of RO water . But is back fine today...everything else reads good. PH is low at 7.9 I think as of $ days ago. Ill test everything again tom morning and take some pics tomorrow night .
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

yeah, take a pic, so i can see if its gonna get worse...montiporas are very hardy and if it dies off, it will encrust ofer the deas area and keep thriving, if not, break off the dead area at the good flesh, and it will keep on truckn...
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

If you dripped too much kalk in to fast you probably raised your ph too high. It will go back down if it already hasn't. What do your other corals look like?
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Best thing to do is just stay calm and check your current parameters.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate