Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

reefer21
Amoeba

Post by reefer21 »

Hello everyone!
I am a new member and I just wanted to say what a nice site you have here. I live in Pace, FL right outside of Pensacola, FL and I got into the hobby because I was at my LFS and they said why not start a saltwater tank. I have always be interested in saltwater, but I've hear it was hard to start one. So I got me a 20 gallon tank and after only two months of it running a bug hit me to go bigger in tank size, so I took down my beloved cichlid tank after running it for 5 years. I have had my 29g saltwater tank running for 2 months going on 3 months now :D. It was hard in the beginning cause I was so anxious to get some fish and corals for the 20g, but I knew they would not survive, so I stuck with just damsels (I know how cruel, but I was only doing what the lfs told me to do). Then after one month I got my first coral "GSP". I didn't know at the time that it took a lot of time to keep this coral alive and it died after only 2 weeks cause of hairy algae covering it and me not using RO water. So that was when I just got feed up and went bigger in tank size. Now I am doing a great job of keeping my corals alive and and my tank a lot cleaner.

TANK SPECS:
System/Lighting: 29gallon, 2 intense whites and 2 actinic (DIY Canopy)

Filtration/Circulation: 2 Maxi-Jets Power Heads, Penguin 330 Bio-Wheel ( fuge), Prizm Protein Skimmer & Heater

Corals/Inverts: Red & Green Zoa's, Green Mushroom, Ricorida florida, hammer, Candy Coral, Metallic Green Star Polyps, Yellow Polyps, Button Polyps, Brittle Star, 16 Turbo Snails, 3 Hermits

Fish: 2 Ocellaris Clownfish, 1 Six Line Wrasse, 1 Four stripe Damsel
Attachments
my tank after 3 months
my tank after 3 months
IM000208.jpg (55.82 KiB) Viewed 1871 times
Last edited by reefer21 on Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

Welcome reefer21. Do you have any pictures of your tank yet? It is an addictive hobby that only pulls you in deeper and deeper, bigger and BIGGER! I love it!
Karen
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

Welcome! It seems that there are more and more people from Florida joining. You guys should get together and car pool to the meetings. Hope to see you at one.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

Welcome and we hope to meet you at the next get to gether.
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

Welcome to our group...hope to see you at the meetings.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Welcome to the site, and please get some pictures up ASAP.
Last edited by snoopdog on Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

You only have 24hrs to get those pictures dude....or else.....we will place a curse on your tank... :twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen:
mickeyfreak
Amoeba

Post by mickeyfreak »

I haven't read the posts in a while but welcome!
tanker stanker
Amoeba

Post by tanker stanker »

Welcome, there, 21. Now you are amongst us addicts of the reef, which like you, have been sucked into the black hole of the reef. :( But there is hope. :) We have AA (Aquarists Anonymous) meetings about once a month or so to help you cope with your detoxicing, and binge spending, although the meetings may take some time to work due to the bad influences of such "high risk" reef patients we have here "Mike, Terry"... Avoid these such patients at all cost! They are the Devil! :twisted: With the help of your fellow tankmates and a little willpower, we can make it thru this together. See you soon...stay strong.
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

hehehe, i think hes ready for some acros....j/k....welcome to tha site... see ya soon at a meetin
fishgills
Amoeba

Post by fishgills »

WELCOME, great bunch of people here.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Hey the cool thing about our forum since it is under 200 members the good login names are not taken. Reef Central is up so high now finding a good name is like trying to find one on AOL.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
reefer21
Amoeba

Post by reefer21 »

pic posted