36 < 48 hrs
6%
>48 hrs
59%

Total votes: 17

Ryan
Amoeba

Post by Ryan »

still waiting, can't complain though. Our neighborhood has power but since the service was ripped from the house... So anyway we patched into our neighbors breaker box to run the tank and my folks loaned us their generator for thr fridge TV window unit etc. Could be another week or two before we get our power back.
aka Goldschlager
30 gallon vivarium
2 japanese fire belly newts
2 random fish
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

We were out for long enough. I did lose a few things but not everything. It really sucks that the first to die were some of the stuff that you don't see very often or are very expensive.

BTW, if anyone still doesn't have power and are coming to or are in Mobile let me know. You can come by here and take a shower and have a hot meal. I live near Downtown Mobile just off the interstate (Dauphin Island Parkway Exit 22). Just PM me and I'll give you my address and phone number.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

So far all that I have lost is that butterfly fish that I caught that is in my frag tank. I forgot to replace the batteries in the air pump. My main tank still looks good. I hope I get power soon. I am sure glad that I have a gas hot water heater and stove.
RENTON: I chose not to choose life. I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got Heroin?
max
Amoeba

Post by max »

I hate hearing of peoples loses. We are still surviving. Having no power SUCKS. I had a bulge pump set to turn on when my ups died. A friend from Gulfport brought me a small generator for my tank and between it and the bulge pump, I haven't lost anything. We had higher water and more mud than any past hurricane in the 16 years we lived here. A tree broke a power line to the house so i guess we're on the bottom of the list for power. Hooked up a 24kw gen yesterday and are now doing well. BTW, the meeting was posponed. :cry:
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

133.5 hours
- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.
110chadman
Copepod

Post by 110chadman »

180.00 hours and counting there is power on the street behind me the next street infron of the house and at either end of my street but not a thing in the middle

no phone service yet even though my phone line comes from across the street (neighbors have phone) its not real bad with out power but taking a cold shower will git you in the morning!!!

chad
gitting things back in order and starting over!!!
Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Fishfood »

I would have to guess that at my house i won't have power for weeks to come. When the tree hit my house it took out the power box coming into the house and tore up a bunch of wires in the house. I've been calling contractors for 3 days now and only got in touch with one. I can't get the power back on until i get an electrician and contractor out to rebuild the house and get the wiring back in order. At the rate things are going i'm guessing 1 month maybe more.
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Fishfood wrote:I would have to guess that at my house i won't have power for weeks to come. When the tree hit my house it took out the power box coming into the house and tore up a bunch of wires in the house. I've been calling contractors for 3 days now and only got in touch with one. I can't get the power back on until i get an electrician and contractor out to rebuild the house and get the wiring back in order. At the rate things are going i'm guessing 1 month maybe more.

ohhhhh that stinks. I sure hope you get things fixed before then.
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

I have a 700 power inverter someone can borrow till they get power back if they need to.

This is about what I have

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/60 ... B00009W3ZE
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

I have a converter also. And as Sue has mentioned her generator that kept all our tanks and appliances running, as well as the important FANS. Please let us know if we can help. Max your just down the road from us. I could run it to you. Let me know.
Karen
max
Amoeba

Post by max »

Thanks for the offer Karen. We just hooked the house up to a 24kw generator. We're set as long as we can feed it desiel. 42 gal looks like it will last 2 days.
If we can help anyone, let me know. I can store some corals or fish.
opiy
Amoeba

Post by opiy »

Up here in Bham I was out for 23 to 24 hours. The damages up here weren't to bad compared to down there just alot of trees and limbs taking out lines.
No deaths in my tank luckily, i think the battery air pump saved me.
danielmiller82
Bristleworm

Post by danielmiller82 »

horray!!!!
mine came on right before 7pm tonight!!!!!!!
with ZERO deaths!!!
-daniel
http://www.admiller.com
-30g long and a 9g percula tank in the babies room.
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

Our power finally got turn on yestarday the 25th.
RENTON: I chose not to choose life. I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got Heroin?