Couldnt make the meeting.

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

ReefBert
Amoeba

Couldnt make the meeting.

Post by ReefBert »

Well, I broght some tank water, my calcium test kits and a red magrove to daphne yesterday where my neice was having her birthday pool party. All set to go to the meeting in W Mobile when tradagy stuck. My nephew who is 2 years old fell in the pool. There were several adults there who didnt distiguish the splash from any other that had happened that day and didnt notice him till he was face down at the bottom of the pool. We had to perform CPR on him and he came back alive spitting out pool water. We rushed him to the hospital where they kept him overnight for observation. Everything is fine now and he is on his way home back to Pensacola. Just wanted those who I talked to for the last few days know why I didnt make it to the meeting.
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

I am glad to here that he is ok and hope to see you at the next meeting.
Last edited by andy4499 on Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

I'm glad she is doing okay. That had to be scary as hell. It's a good thing somebody new cpr.
RENTON: I chose not to choose life. I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got Heroin?
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

That's scary as hell. I have a son that is two.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Better start praising god that someone there new CPR. If you do not know it you may want to start talking to the red cross.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

Thank god, near drowning can be devistating... I am so glad that he was found in time. Hope all is well and that you will be able to make it next time.
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Yeah, another one glad to hear he is ok. Children are pretty tough.... thank goodness, cause they are wobbly little dare devils.
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
ReefBert
Amoeba

Post by ReefBert »

Me and my wife are in the process of drawing up plans for the our new house. One big change now is the big hole that in the backyard will be filled in with dirt instead of a pool. I have a son who is almost a year old and the whole thing shook my wife up pretty bad, so no pool until he is old enough to swim. I used to get so pissed off when I heard a story about someones kid drowning in a pool, but after yesterday, I can see how fast and easy it could happen.

Well definitley make it to the next one. Oh and I learned CPR back in high school. I think it was home ec?....