Hello everyone!

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

ReefBert
Amoeba

Hello everyone!

Post by ReefBert »

Hello, someone from reef central recommended your site and its great to see a club in my area. I'm from pensacola and travel to mobile quite frequently. I have a 75 aga salt tank with 80 lbs lr, some corals and critters, and my tank has been established (or lack thereof) for a year now. I think I am getting the hang of this now and would love to meet and talk to some other folks in the hobby. How do I sign up to be a member of the MBRK or do I just show up at the 31st meeting? Looking forward to meeting you guys,

Bert Mathis
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

WELCOME !! Nah man just show up and throw down. I think the next party will be awesome and we should have a great turn out. If you just want to come over and chat and look at some members tank just ask. I love having company over and showing stuff to people, you may even talk me out of some breeading snails.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
ReefBert
Amoeba

Post by ReefBert »

Lemme take a wild guess....Nassarius snails? That would be great. I am afraid I dont have to much to offer in the way of frags yet, but I am adding new corals whenever I get the chance. Right now I have a purple mushroom, purple star polups, a huge variant of frogspwan which I will need to frag soon because it grows incredibly fast, a gonapora aka flowerpot which everyone tells me will die eventually but it seems to flourish in my tank, some button polups, and a few other various corals in small numbers. I have a single fish....a gold headed sleeper gobie. I had to take all the others back to the lfs so I could get ride of my green algae problem, which is now under control. I have tons of hermits and turbo snails, some emeralds, and a coral banded shrimp. I also have lots of different macro algae which are growing out in my 30g fuge. Where do you live?
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

I live in west mobile off of Johnson road. If interested just PM me one day.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

snoopdog wrote:WELCOME !! Nah man just show up and throw down. I think the next party will be awesome and we should have a great turn out. If you just want to come over and chat and look at some members tank just ask. I love having company over and showing stuff to people, you may even talk me out of some breeading snails.
Hey snoopdog maybe sometime you are over by the mall you could stop by and we could talk tanks. From the post that you have left it seams you really know your stuff.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

andy4499 wrote:From the post that you have left it seams you really know your stuff.
Hmmm, do not know how to take this. I definitely do not know my stuff, i just get by. This is a small hobby for me. I basically just let the tanks be and do my small maintenance every week, and i do mean small. If you ask my wife (Amyjo) she will tell you i spend about 30-40 hours a week working with or around computers at home. If i have a first love it would be computers and reef tanks second but i am faithful to the second and always will be. If you want an authority on the subject though Scott, Xster or Tbmoore probably have more knowledge than me.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

Welcome to the club!!
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Welcome! how often do you come to Mobile? Who recommended this site to you?
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
ReefBert
Amoeba

Post by ReefBert »

Scott wrote:Welcome! how often do you come to Mobile? Who recommended this site to you?
I come there every couple of weeks to offer computer support to my brothers collection company, CMS which is on government street. Not sure who recommended me...I posted a thread about any clubs in my area and he/she said they came across this site.
KrazyPlace
Astrea snail

Post by KrazyPlace »

Yes welcome, come to our next meeting a party with us! We have fun and its very good company. Many of our members are VERY knowledgeable reef keepers.
Wind me up!
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Yes welcome to the website, come to the next meeting you should get an email with directions.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
ReefBert
Amoeba

Post by ReefBert »

Havent got any directions yet. Could someone pm me with the phone # for the host?
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

I just sent you another and I will PM you one. You were on the first e-mail. If your e-mail address is different than the one in your profile let me know.

Scott
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
ReefBert
Amoeba

Post by ReefBert »

Got it this time. I guess I get so much damn spam thru hotmail, I delete some by accident. Thanks!
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

Directions....that is half the fun....You need to put your nose into the wind and sniff for skimmer sludge....then follow your nose...if you make it you can join....(of course we do make newbies drink the sludge.) :twisted: