Georgia Aquarium

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

sb1227
Astrea snail

Georgia Aquarium

Post by sb1227 »

Just got back, we finally went to the aquarium today. Definately worth the trip. I have to admit, I felt really disappointed that I couldn't get up to see that awesome surge system. I spent alot of time just wanting to get upstairs where the really cool stuff was. :lol:

Maybe next time.
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

There were five otters in the hammock in the second pic. Didn't get but a couple of pics worth keeping so far...haven't gone thru all of them yet.
Attachments
otterfest.jpg
otterfest.jpg (63.8 KiB) Viewed 2417 times
gaaquar 2006.jpg
gaaquar 2006.jpg (59.87 KiB) Viewed 2417 times
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

That place is awesome and definitely worth trip, as you said. Interestingly enough, Bart, the guy at B&B who runs our tank maintenance service, is actually going to start working there as a life support systems tech.
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

I think it would be a very cool experience to work there. The drive to and from work might be a different matter, though.. :lol:
NM354
Copepod

Post by NM354 »

It will be like field trip everyday.
Buzz
Amoeba

Trip next weekend

Post by Buzz »

Glad to here the aquarium in Georgia was worth the trip. We are going next week. Taking the five year old before she starts school.

Later,

Buzz
Endeavor to Persavere
(Hang in There)
GermanShepherdGirl
Copepod

Post by GermanShepherdGirl »

We are supposed to be going Labor Day weekend
-Kristyn
mykpoz
Amoeba

Post by mykpoz »

as nice as it is... I couldn't enjoy it with 10,000 other people jockeying for position to see the same thing.

I am planning to go back in a year, to see some of the growth. And, by then the crowds will have hopefully died down.
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

mykpoz wrote:as nice as it is... I couldn't enjoy it with 10,000 other people jockeying for position to see the same thing.

I am planning to go back in a year, to see some of the growth. And, by then the crowds will have hopefully died down.
It was ridiculously crowded when I went in March.
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

mykpoz wrote:I couldn't enjoy it with 10,000 other people jockeying for position to see the same thing.
This was our same situation with the Ripley's Aquarium of the Americas, not to mention most of the stuff was very bogues, not a real coral but one particular tank. Most of the corals were fake, and the retarded tourist could not tell the difference.

Here you can see where one of the fake corals had fallen off the exhibit and the white plug was showing.

"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
mykpoz
Amoeba

Post by mykpoz »

snoopdog wrote:Here you can see where one of the fake corals had fallen off the exhibit and the white plug was showing.
isnt that one of those rare sps?
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Heck yes.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate