some sort of enjoyment for all (intense)

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

Xster
Astrea snail

some sort of enjoyment for all (intense)

Post by Xster »

here you go...I just took some pics from my cheesy Kodak camera that I just got used. Please be honest with me as how my pics and tank look. I could use some ideas. I am officially open for criticism. I have been keeping fishes for awhile but not reefkeeping.

here it is with different settings on my camera and different lighting.

Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

HOLY SHEEET! :shock: :shock: :shock: Will you adopt me?

What is the red coral 8th picture down?

In the picture of the three clams, is that some type of star in the top part of the screen?

I really like the 4th picture down, really shows up the true colors of everything..
That is one impressive setup.
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

The fourth pic is definately the best. That capricornis *frag* is one of the *I need a* nicest *frag* colors I have seen. Truely awesome.

Scott
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

Brandon wrote:HOLY SHEEET! :shock: :shock: :shock: Will you adopt me?

Thanks for the compliment Brandon, but I already have a junior on the way :-). Plus i dont think I can afford another reef addict.

What is the red coral 8th picture down?

It is not that red as in the picture, but is a three headed leather with outstanding extension.

In the picture of the three clams, is that some type of star in the top part of the screen?

Yeah, it is one of my three sand sifting stars. Many people say it is not good since it eats many of your pods, but given my big tank I don't see it decimating my pod population that bad. It keeps the top part of my sand looking nice.

I really like the 4th picture down, really shows up the true colors of everything..

Thanks!!!
That is one impressive setup.
Xster
Astrea snail

monti cap for Scott

Post by Xster »

Hey Scott....anytime man...whenever you are in Biloxi, let me know. Brandon has my cell number, I think. I will break you a piece. no problemo.
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

A scott I will drive you over there for a twig of the frag you get :D

Awsome tank.

Pics are good and the closeups are some pretty good definition. I envy all those with more than a megapixal. Guess I need to break down and buy a digital camera. I have been using my sony digital8 recorder that has 1.2 megapix picture capabilities......but it just teases :P
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

Salt'n'Lime

I don't mind breaking you off a piece either. :lol: I don't mind breaking off a couple of pieces in the back. I have another huge piece at my place of business, Comfort Suites Biloxi. Ain't no problemo. Just come pick it up. Let me know.
Xster
Astrea snail

Here is a pic of the tank from the room view

Post by Xster »

Biggest mistake with the placement of this tank was the fact that I think I built it a lil bit too high approximately 6 inches too high :cry: But it is still cool though. Also I have not yet finished off the viewing room, which is actually the dining at my house. Note the unfinished sheet rock compound around the tank.

Planning to paint the entire room on color, please suggest some colors. I am not that color coordinated. I am open for any color suggestions.

Melissakins
Bristleworm

Post by Melissakins »

A friend of mine "antiqued" her dining room with a nice chocolate brown colored paint, using brown paper bags. Looks very elegant. Mauve might be nice as well. Would bring out the blues and purples in the tank.
Attachments
!dining.JPG
!dining.JPG (37.98 KiB) Viewed 2874 times
"You can say any fool thing to a dog, and the dog will give you this look that says, `My God, you're RIGHT! I NEVER would've thought of that!'" - Dave Barry

40 gallon tall
15 gallon refugium
2.5 gallon mantis tank
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

ahhhh, the sponge-effect....thanks. :)
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

What is the distance from the floor to the bottom of the tank? I doesn't look that high to me but I can't tell because I have only seen one tank that was even close to that size. I hope I can make it to Biloxi soon. I have 3 cap frags in my tank now I really like them and have always wanted a purple.

I liked the antique affect. I have seen it done in a maroon color.

Scott
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Are you goig to put a sofa or anything against the wall under the tank?

Color wise I would go with a darker color....I will make the tank stand out more...... I'm partial to blues like royal and navy..... I would go with a semi-gloss paint and of course kilz the wall with mildew resistant primer.

Just my thoughts.
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

Scott wrote:What is the distance from the floor to the bottom of the tank?
The height from the bottom of the tank to the floor is approximately 3.5 feet, but I kinda forgot.
Scott wrote:I hope I can make it to Biloxi soon. I have 3 cap frags in my tank now I really like them and have always wanted a purple.
Just let me know when.
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

Salt'n'Lime wrote:Are you goig to put a sofa or anything against the wall under the tank?
I do not know yet. Haven't really thought about it that. I do have a black leather sofa in there that is facing the tank. I use it for my cat naps. But what I was thinking was putting a tall table accross the bottom of the tank and then lining it with high bar stools, sort of a wet bar with the actual bar on the side or something like it. Just ideas :)
Salt'n'Lime wrote:Color wise I would go with a darker color....I will make the tank stand out more...... I'm partial to blues like royal and navy..... I would go with a semi-gloss paint and of course kilz the wall with mildew resistant primer.
I like deeper blues myself, and definitely going with the kilz and primer. I still need to finish up the compounding and sanding first though. Ever since I started stocking the tank many months ago, I have gotten very lazy with the final finishing of the viewing room. :( My wife is not too happy about that.
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Hey, if it were me I would paint the room black, put a fridge in there, and a large recliner in front of it facing the tank. I'm sure your wife would just love that :wink:

I like the stool idea. Maybe a high fold-out type of sideboard with some stools. I've seen some really nice ones that would be about the right height. We actually ditched our dining table in favor of this arrangement and it has worked well for us.