Where's everyone been?

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

KrazyPlace
Astrea snail

Where's everyone been?

Post by KrazyPlace »

This has been a very quiet week. Where have you all been? Should I expect a bunch of tank sales soon?
Wind me up!
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

No, not really.

Very few know that I lost my job of 7 years back in August I think it was. Well I have worked several temporary jobs and been real stressed lately about it. I finally have a permanent job but now I will have to be learning something a lot new to me so I still may not be on much. Time will tell of course, I just really want to keep the job in the long run.

As far as the tanks go other than I keep blowing bulbs everything is still kicking.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Deanna
Amoeba

Post by Deanna »

Ive just been busy with school...nothing exciting...just alot to do with so lil time before the end of the semester...our tank is doing okie...the fish/corals seem happy. :)

Deanna
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

Other then school this past week I have been out of town since Thursday on a ASCE (American Society of Civil Engineers) south regional conference. We hoped to do a lot better in the competition, but we did come home with one award.
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

I've been busy with work and other projects. I'll be getting more motivated as soon as I can start diving again.
RENTON: I chose not to choose life. I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got Heroin?
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Honestly, no money for the hobby right now, plus I haven't had any luck finding good large softies, so no change/interest lately... luckily our tank is pretty much self-sustaining, I just drop in food every few days.
-Josh Murrah
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

Been here looking, but no one chatting?
Has anyone by chance heard of a 200+ tank for sale yet?
Karen
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

If you are handy (and I know you guys are), you'd be better off just ordering a new one, and building your own stand/canopy/etc. I got my 240G for around $900, ready to go.
-Josh Murrah
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

ShagMan wrote:If you are handy (and I know you guys are), you'd be better off just ordering a new one, and building your own stand/canopy/etc. I got my 240G for around $900, ready to go.
I do want to build the stand and enclosure. I just would really like to find a tank at a better deal than buying for new prices if possible.
Karen
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Have you checked with Rich @ Progressive, he is a good source for finding tanks being broken down.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
LoneStar
Amoeba

Post by LoneStar »

I am still doing the west coast thing. I was in Portland, OR (I almost tried to arrange a visit to Steve Weast home to see his tank but I thought he may think I was psycho). I am now in Seattle again (sick of it).

As far as the tank goes, I would say build the whole thing yourself to save money but I just tried that and it cost me a fortune. I can not believe how much fibergalss etc cost. I think it would be almost as cheap all glass. I know while I was looking to upgrade, glasscages.com always had good deals on larger tanks. They deliver to New Orleans and Florida (because they do shows there). You just have to wait till "Show Time".

Good Luck,
Jeremy
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

I've been busy with two kids, my grandmother, work, two herniated disks, dying corals and no money. I actually haven't even been on the internet in about 5 days.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Scott wrote: dying corals
Ok I am shallow, what is this about ?
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Well it's really only a couple. One was getting hammered by some mushrooms. I am not sure about the other two. Everything that I have tested has been ok and I've gone through a bucket of salt doing water changes. Nothing is growing though. I have been thinking of selling my tank too and setting up two smaller tanks. That is why I was asking you about sand.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Scott, I still wanted that mushroom rock from you, never heard back.

LoneStar, I still want that large softie you promised me!!
-Josh Murrah