Wrong kind of current in my tank.

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

Snakeman
Astrea snail

Wrong kind of current in my tank.

Post by Snakeman »

Last night when I was adding my shrimp I caught I notice the tell tell feeling of electricity flowing up my fingers. I isolated the leak to my Mag 9.5 main pump. I've got it turn off now but i'm wondering if that might be the cause of me loosing some of my fish. In the last couple months i've lost a Fairy wrasse, Yellow tang and last night my Kole tang that I just got a few days ago died. All of my fish seemed very healthy an I couldn't figure out why they died. I'm going to get another pump asap and I was wondering if a ground prob would stop this from ever happening again. Anybody know of any good deals on a mag 9.5 pump. I found them for around $60 online but I would really like to get one locally. I have my closed loop moving water in the main tank with my over flows turned off and my skimmer is keeping the water in my sump moving. Does anybody know how much Rich has those pump for?
RENTON: I chose not to choose life. I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got Heroin?
KrazyPlace
Astrea snail

Post by KrazyPlace »

I have an old mag 9.5 that makes a good bit of noise. If you need it on a temp basis, you can have it while you wait on an Internet order. Give me a call if you need it, I need to pull it out and test it. 602-8378 Jeff
Wind me up!
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

Thanks I might. My tank will be okay for a few days, I have other pumps in the main tank and sump to keep the water moving. I hope that rich has one at a good price because I was planning to go by his place the first of the week and I'm going to take that fish that died back to B&B.
RENTON: I chose not to choose life. I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got Heroin?
KrazyPlace
Astrea snail

Post by KrazyPlace »

I wouldn't bother with my pump unless it was an emergency. It's not worth the gas to come get it. I keep it as a backup for my recirculation pump. :?
Wind me up!
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

I have been getting my last two pumps from rich....prices have been close and able to get local
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

Yeah i'm going to try him first.
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

Terry do you have a ground probe in your tank?
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

Yes I do ... I got that from rich also...been a while though...Rich usually fishes on sat and sunday but should be able to call him little after 7 in the morning or leave a message on his phone tonight...
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Rich goes out on his boat, Rob was having trouble getting him yesterday. My bet is he will be around Monday morning. I would think his local price on that pump woul d be competitive.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

With this wind he just might be in.....
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

I talked to him. Brandon brought over a pump so i'm back up. I think that I will get a bigger pump than the mag 9.5. What do yall recomend as far as brands go. I will need a submersible. Rich does have the ground probes instock for 15 dollars. I'm going to get one of those.
Dys
Amoeba

Rich

Post by Dys »

I stopped by yesterday... his truck and boat were there but no one home... not answer cell or landline phones either, maybe he is out of town.
I'll respect you in the morning, but I won't wake up till noon.
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

Depends on what it is going to be used for...I like mag for return and my skimmer but for power heads ect I always go with the douphin DP pumps....they have a large suction and will not eat you critters...also good price...
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Always good to have spares :)
- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

Very good point......it gets to be expensive and a pain when stuff goes south....I am going to start stocking replacements for my stuff...extra bulbs, pumps, salt...I will use them anyway ....why not get them early and save on shipping...get best price...sales....and limit the pain in the *&$ of chasing something down....stuff always breaks on holidays and weekends.....or maybe it is just me...