getting rid of my old setup + RODI

This forum would make Sanford and Son's proud.

Moderator: snoopdog

reeveDreefer
Amoeba

getting rid of my old setup + RODI

Post by reeveDreefer »

I just upgraded to a bigger tank, so I would like to get rid of my old setup ASAP:

46 gallon Glass Bowfront from Oceanic with Stand and Glass Top - $150
Marineland 220 canister filter - $60
Coralife Super Skimmer for 125gal (no pump) - $60

Actually, I do have the pump for the skimmer, but I had an accident with a powerstrip a year ago that caused the part of the pump cord next to the prongs to melt a little. Its still functional, but ever since that incident I moved the skimmer out of the sump and used it as a HOB, and the pump has never been the same - it just cuts off from time to time and starts back up later when plugged in. I dont know if it was because of the electrical incident or because of the change from sump to HOB. Anyway, if some one wants it, you can have the original pump that came with the skimmer for $10.

I will post pics tomorrow, please make me an offer. I prefer PMs, thanks.
Last edited by reeveDreefer on Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
reeveDreefer
Amoeba

Re: getting rid of my old setup

Post by reeveDreefer »

Its been almost 3 weeks since my initial post, it finally got warm enough to get all this out of the shed so i could take pictures of everything.

While in the shed I also found my old RODI unit. Its about 3 years old and I havent used it in a year. Letting it go for $60.
Attachments
rodi.jpg
rodi.jpg (97.89 KiB) Viewed 1069 times
skimmerb.jpg
skimmerb.jpg (107.81 KiB) Viewed 1069 times
pump.jpg
pump.jpg (135.74 KiB) Viewed 1069 times
canister.jpg
canister.jpg (109.07 KiB) Viewed 1069 times
46bowfront2.jpg
46bowfront2.jpg (107.96 KiB) Viewed 1069 times
46bowfront1.jpg
46bowfront1.jpg (104.75 KiB) Viewed 1069 times
reeveDreefer
Amoeba

Re: getting rid of my old setup + RODI

Post by reeveDreefer »

RODI is SOLD.

The tank is not for sale at the moment.

My 120g that I just set-up 3 months ago sprung a leak in the base Saturday, and I've spent all day Sunday trying to find containers to move all the water, fish and corals out. Luckily I still have my old tank that I've been trying to sell on mbrk.

Is there anyone who can help me repair all the silicone in a tank (I will pay you)? or where I can get my hands on some aquarium safe silicone?
Neuticle
Copepod

Post by Neuticle »

reeveDreefer wrote: or where I can get my hands on some aquarium safe silicone?
Grainger (in town) has RTV108 (clear) and RTV103 (black) to fix your tank, don't use any of the stuff at home depot.
100 gal mixed reef, 30 gal sump, 4x54w T5, 2x150w HQI, OctoX 200 skimmer, Kalk top-off, rocky mixed reef.
reeveDreefer
Amoeba

Post by reeveDreefer »

Thanks for the tip Neuticle, I sealed the tank with some of the RTV103 that I got from Grainger last night. I'm going to test fill it back up tonight, I hope the RTV103 did the trick.