Let's Go Fishing!

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

lzb3
Copepod

Let's Go Fishing!

Post by lzb3 »

Well, I have been trying for a long time to figure out a way to catch the large damsels in my tank. We have tried nearly everything but they are WAY smart and very quick.

Today, I was determined to catch one of them, preferably the domino, so Charlie rigged up a small brim hook on some fishing line and tied it to a shish cabob skewer. I bated up with a piece of pre-cooked shrimp and went fishing.

The first one to try it was the domino, but guess what.....I caught that giant honey damsel ! Just like a pin fish at the beach! :D :D :D

Then I put him in a bucket and took him to B & B. Jonathon put him in the 180 so if you go by, say hello to Tony. I traded him for a canary yellow coris wrasse. He is really pretty!

The domino is next! HAHAHAHAHAHA! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Elizabeth :wink:
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Good job Liz! Between the hook/line and the skewers, you're like the grim reaper for pesky reef animals!!!
-Josh Murrah
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

You are kidding right? You caught one of your tank fish with a hook and a line..... OMG what is the reef world coming to.....

JK

Glad you were able to catch the tyrant with out going for a swim.
Dgpuffer
Amoeba

Post by Dgpuffer »

Great idea I have been fighting with one all day long. He thinks he is going to make my psy. goby's like hell. Ill show him now! :twisted: hahaha
lzb3
Copepod

Post by lzb3 »

Nope Amy....not kidding! :D We filed the barb off so it would do minimal damage (I wanted to catch him, but not hurt him) and lowered the hook down into the rock with a little piece of shrimp on it. He took it and ran like a marlin....then WHOOPS....snatched to the top just like a flounder. I handled him just like a fish I would catch off dad's pier at the gulf.

Easy greasy.......unfortunately, the domino is a little smarter than that and is very wary of the whole hook - line - shrimp thingey.

Will have to modify my apprach some! :twisted:

Elizabeth
lzb3
Copepod

Post by lzb3 »

I caught the domino damsel! I caught the domino damsel! Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha! :twisted:

If you go to B & B, wave to my two fishies....they are ina 180 with a large trigger and porcupine fish! :D :shock:

Elizabeth
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Sweeeeet!!!!
-Josh Murrah