December Meeting...yes its still a month away, but...

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

Deanna
Amoeba

December Meeting...yes its still a month away, but...

Post by Deanna »

Hey guys...I know that for many of you, December is a very busy month so I wanted to give you guys a chance to pick which date you would like the meeeting on...December 13th or the 20th. This is my least busy month if you can believe that. :) Thanks!!!
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

i say the 13th, the 20th is to close to x-mas, family may be flying in and so forth
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

Really the more I think about it I don't know how we could do either date. Kevin probably could do the 13th but with my work schedule next month I don't see how I could do either date.
Deanna
Amoeba

Post by Deanna »

okay...the 13th is looking promising :)
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

Hey i might be able to make it to this one!!! whoopie!! :)
Deanna
Amoeba

Post by Deanna »

woo hoo...Cant wait! :)
lzb3
Copepod

Post by lzb3 »

Lets turn this meeting into a MBRK Holiday Party...we can have Secret/Dirty Santa, etc. I say every one brings a fishy related gift that cost less than $10....maybe some food, airline tubing, etc....

What do you guys think?

Elizabeth :D
Deanna
Amoeba

Post by Deanna »

I would love to do dirty santa...would be fun...
KrazyPlace
Astrea snail

Post by KrazyPlace »

This should be my first meeting!

I was hoping to buy some SPS coral frags for my tank. Will anyone be bringing some frags and what kinds? I would like some Montipora and Acropora frags if there are any available.

I'm new to the SPS corals and have read that most species of Monts & Acros are pretty hardy and grow fast. I just put in a 250 watt metal halide last month and have got my nitrates low enough to try them.
Wind me up!
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

What is "dirty santa"? Pardon for the ignorance, but there are many nuances of Americana that I have yet to figure out. :)

Also, if I can make it to the meeting I will bring some sps frags, and a $10 gift. I am yet still undecided if I am going to make it, depending upon how bad Alex acts up at that time. *crossing fingers*

John
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

A request for the Dec meeting. Anyone that has some Used 10k 400watt bulbs they are throwing away I would like to have a couple.. It is time for me to change bulbs and I am running radiums 20k and would like to try out some 10k before I purchase my new bulbs.. xster trying out a coral vue bulb from coral connection for about $55 and any info on those bulbs would be nice also. I am going to try a few but not sure if I want 20k or 10k or two of each. Thanks Terry
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

I don't think that I will be able to make it this month, but it isn't the date of the meeting. I have NO free weekend in December this year because of Chistmas parties and a mini-vacation to the mountains.

If someone could summarize everything I can send out the e-mail so that everyone can get all the details. I know that there will probably be a few people who can't attend so we need to get the word out to everyone who can.

~Scott
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
woolyt2
Amoeba

Post by woolyt2 »

where is the meeting going to be i might be able to make this one if on the 13th
Deanna
Amoeba

Post by Deanna »

Hey guys! I would like to get a count of who all will be coming to the meeting on the 13th!? It is looking a little slim...I know December is such a busy month! If the 13th is bad...the 14th would be good for us also...we could do it a little earlier on the 14th...I dont know. Just let me know...I dont want it to just end up being Josh and I on the 13th hehe...

Thanks in advance!

Deanna
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

I plan on being there...what do I need to bring...Terry