HELP

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

lowrider
Amoeba

HELP

Post by lowrider »

turbo had babies but dont know how many no idea can someone give me an idea on how many i will find started with 3 babies now 5 of them thanx for any advice :)
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

my guess would be a bunch, but there's no telling how many will live. Just go with what you end up with and call it a good thing. If you have to many you can always find homes for them. :lol:
Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Fishfood »

Are you sure they are turbos also. I have some small snails in my tank that look like they could have been turbos but they aren't. They stay really small. My Cerith snails have been having babies all the time. I had hundreds in the tank at one point.

The coolest thing I found in taking down my tank to move is that my red-banded trochus snails had babies. I found about 5 or 6 babies in my 135. I wonder how many there were to begin with. I didn't know I had them either. Those guys don't seem to be fond of the light and only seem to come out at night. They are about the size of a dime right now.

I'd say just be happy with whatever survives. I think its a good sign of a healthy tank if you have anything other than hair algae reproducing in your tank.
lowrider
Amoeba

lowrider

Post by lowrider »

yup i am going to wait and see i also notice what i think is some forum of feather duster not sure
Attachments
Picture 026.jpg
Picture 026.jpg (14.42 KiB) Viewed 1316 times