Pictures & Update

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

Brandon
Chromis

Pictures & Update

Post by Brandon »

Our Tank is beginning to look more like a Reef tank , than a tub of rocks.. this is so cool to me. I bought a lot of livestock from someone who has to move out of the country, and everything seems to have acclimated pretty good. These were with the iwasakis on, so the colors are a bit yellow. Things are definetly not positioned where I want them... but I had to get 3 coolers worth of fish and corals acclimated last night after the meeting. Thanks for the acclimation tips Kevin & Elizabeth.

Not gonna post pictures of all the new stuff.. I don't even have pictures of it all.. some of it is pretty hard to photograph.

This is probably boring stuff to those of you already setup.. but I'm really excited now.

Love this flower pot coral:

Our little baby clam (3" Crocea) Seems to be doing good, but has worked himself to be on his side.. hope that is ok.

Tweedle-Dee & Tweedle-Dum.. just follow the purple tang everywhere.. like it's their momma.. no clue why.

I believe this is a Green Clown Gobie:

Finally found me a frogspawn.. been wanting one of these since I first started:

New - Green Open Brain, Cabbage Coral , Candy Cane, Unknown Yellow/Brown Polyps.
Last edited by Brandon on Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

I love it...... Beautiful!

Keep the pics coming.....

What type of camera?
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

looking good man
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Olympus D-490. Great for its size & price.. but it's getting a little old. The colors reproduction is bad a lot of times, and does not like focusing close up. Next camera will be one of the Nikon CoolPix's.

Just noticed how purple the middle is compared to the outside. I put one of the Hamilton 12k's I got from you Mike in the middle.. and it does look sorta odd with the Iwasaki 6500k's on the outside. The middle will not normally be running at the same time as the outside bulbs.. so it will work out well.
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

yeah, theyre pretty blue, i liked them, but i wanted to put a whiter bulb, so i went with the ushios
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

Looks good. The gobie looks like a citron goby. You might do a little research on them, some may nip at coral polyps.

Scott
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Thanks Scott.. did some more research, looks like they like to live & breed in acro colonies.. and will nip at them. I wouldn't have known this. I don't have any colonies other than tiny frags so he's ok for now. He's been hanging out in a bed of mushrooms for now.
Looks like the Citron and clown are the same.. saw it referred to as Citron Clown Goby. I'll just have to watch him, and someone else with softies only can have him if he harrasses sps too much.
lzb3
Copepod

Post by lzb3 »

Your stuff is beautiful! Good luck with all of it.

BTW, the pic of that goby makes him look REALLY big! How big is he?

Elizabeth :shock:
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

great looking tank! Keep it up.
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Thanks! It looks a bit different now, I rearranged stuff a bit. Seem to have wound up with an overabundance of mushrooms and polyps.. Oh well they're cool anyways.

The goby is about the size of two thumbnails.. he is a puny little thing.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Sigh, and to think i have got to take mine down soon to move. A real beautiful tank is one that has been set up a long time. I have something to look forward to in 5 years i guess.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate