Prayers needed please

Off Topic Discussion - Chat about anything, just keep it fairly clean.

Moderator: snoopdog

Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Prayers needed please

Post by Jahdiel »

I am supposed to be flying out for seattle on Thur. to visit my mother who had a stroke and heart attack. I just recieved a call from my sister telling me that she has had to have a tube placed into her lungs to assist in breathing, she is also a serious diabetic. Needless to say she is in serious shape, so if you would all please remember her in your prayers I would greatly appreciate it. Her name is Virginia.
Karen
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

My family's prayers are with you, you mother and your family.
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
wtrhed
Copepod

Post by wtrhed »

If she is half the person you are, I'm sure God will be with her. We will pray for a happy outcome. Be safe on your trip and let us know if ya'll need anything.
KrazyPlace
Astrea snail

Post by KrazyPlace »

Have a safe trip and of course we'll pray for your family!
Wind me up!
Kart Racer
Copepod

Post by Kart Racer »

Karen have a safe trip and of course you and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Jeff
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

Just call is there's anything we can do, Karen.....we're all hoping the best for you and your family. :)
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

Sorry. I hope things turn out for the best.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

Karen, ditto what everyone is saying.
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. After spending a week making special life long memories, my Mother passed away thursday night. Seeing the transfermation and pain of the health issues that riddled her frail body, it truely was a blessing that she went home with her Lord. Thank you again friends.
Karen
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

I'm sorry to hear that but you are right sometimes it's for the best. My grandmother has been hanging on for quite some time now at 93 years old. I have been her caretaker except for the aids and hospice nurse for 10+ years. She is pretty much bed ridden since before Christmas, alzheimers, arterial occlusive disease, pacemaker, mostly blocked carotid artery, ect. I feel really bad for her because she must be miserable but refuses to give up. I know it sounds strange but I feel that your senario is much better.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

Karen: Sometimes prayers work in different ways, she thankfully didn't have to suffer long so it does sound like they were answered. :) And I hope you are starting to feel a bit better? Lots of rest, fluids and such?

Scott: That's an incredibly hard thing to watch, someone you love going thru so much. You find yourself just wishing they would let go, but I think sometimes they feel like someone close to them isn't ready for them to go, or there's something they haven't finished yet and so they just hold on. I feel for you, the range of emotion you go thru with something like that it enough to wear you out.
Melissakins
Bristleworm

Post by Melissakins »

Karen, I'm so sorry to hear about your Mother. She's not in pain anymore, but in a much better place.

I hope you're doing okay through it all.
"You can say any fool thing to a dog, and the dog will give you this look that says, `My God, you're RIGHT! I NEVER would've thought of that!'" - Dave Barry

40 gallon tall
15 gallon refugium
2.5 gallon mantis tank
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Sorry Karen :( Our prayers are with you and your family.
- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

Thank you everyone. It still doesn't feel real. I guess it wont untill we can have her flown to PA. to be laid to rest aside of her husband.
Karen
Beaver
Amoeba

Post by Beaver »

Sorry I am late on this on but Mary's and my prayers are with you at this time. Call if you need anything.....

Beaver