clown goby experiences?

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

KrazyPlace
Astrea snail

clown goby experiences?

Post by KrazyPlace »

I've always wanted one of the clown gobys. So who has them, which ones, and how have your experiences been? Got pictures?
Wind me up!
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

In the wild they perch in acropora colonys and will nip and the polyps, eating something on them, can't remember what.
I had a green, never did mess with my corals, but could not get him to eat either. Wasn't interested in any sort of food I placed in the tank.

Kevin & Amy Joe had some cute little yellow ones, but I think they had the same problem, they wouldn't eat, and eventually dissapeared.

Mine didn't last long, so I personally wouldn't get another. I don't know if anyone has had long term success with them or not.
- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

Hope you don't mind Sue. This picture is so special of Sue's clown goby, as you all can tell. You will have to give details Sue.
Attachments
Clown Goby.jpg
Clown Goby.jpg (69.38 KiB) Viewed 1594 times
Karen
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

We had multiple yellow ones, couple of citron's and I think a green one... all MIA
KrazyPlace
Astrea snail

Post by KrazyPlace »

This isn't sounding like good news! :?
Wind me up!
Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Fishfood »

my only problem was that the green citron I had liked to go on a rollercoaster ride for the first two months. I was fishing him out of the sump every other day. Then one day it stopped and he would peak his head out of holes here and there. I had no problem with him eating at all either.
danielmiller82
Bristleworm

Post by danielmiller82 »

My yellow clown goby isnt doing that well...he isnt eating either...If he lives, thats GREAT. If he dies...I'll be sad...but I doubt I will buy one again.
-daniel
http://www.admiller.com
-30g long and a 9g percula tank in the babies room.
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

Yeah our yellows found multiple ways of finding his way into the overflow and/or the sump till they dissappeared completely.
reefer21
Amoeba

Post by reefer21 »

I've had success with my yellow clown goby, but he died cause of the hurricane. He even ate flakes that I put in the tank. Maybe the ones you all had were wild ones or I just got lucky.
lzb3
Copepod

Post by lzb3 »

Very cute little critters. Mine nearly killed a large acro colony. He always stayed on the same colony and over time, he caused its demise.

We lost him in the move...can't say I am particulary sorry. I do think they are precious though. Such character. I would buy another if I had LPS's or softies.

Good luck!

Elizabeth
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

I love my little citron, he loves to perch on the digitata in the 20 gal, along with the candy cane...he's very charming, eats like a little pig and I haven't had a bit of trouble. They do need to be fed pretty often, just a little. I don't think I'd want him in the sps tank, they are known to be a little rough with the acro's :) But I think he's wonderful! Sue

Thanks for the pic, Karen....... :D