Hello to All

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

countrygal5053
Amoeba

Hello to All

Post by countrygal5053 »

:roll:

Hello, My name is Christine. I live here in the Mobile area. I have been here for almost 3 years now. I live with my daughter and her family. They got me started in this new hobby. THE SALTWATER TANK. I have a 30 gallon tank, aboout 10 pounds of live sand, about 35-40 lbs of live rock, filter, skimmer, power jets, 2 nemo clownfish, 1 maroon clownfish, 1 Domino Damsel, mushroom polyp, green button polyp, yellow polyp, 2 turbograzer snails, about 6 hermit crabs. My daughter gave me her bright orange starfish, really long arms, legs, oh whatever, and her shrimp orange and white. Oh yea I do have a heater in there too. I do have my trusty test kit and a refractometer. Couldn't forget about those handy dandy tools for keeping things, well, up to snuff. lol,

I really am enjoying this new hobby. Have only had it going for maybe 8 months now. And yes I have had severl bad OH OH'sssssssss. I am learning to be more paitent too. Some day when I get a place of my own I really would like to get a bigger tank too. I have been dealing with cyanobacteria lately. I also think it is a shame that there aren't more saltwater fish stores around this area to use. It will be nice to be able to chat with all of you and it is cool that this is pretty much local area. That I really like.
Greeting to all of you
Christine
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

Welcome! We all wish there was more of a selection of stores in Mobile. And if you have a refractometer you are one up on me :lol: .
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
KrazyPlace
Astrea snail

Post by KrazyPlace »

Hey! Welcome to the group. Read up on our party... I mean meeting coming up this weekend. It would be a great time to party... I mean meet everyone. :D
Wind me up!
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Welcome! Like Jeff said, the meeting's this week, fun will be had by all!
-Josh Murrah
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Yes try to show up for a meeting, and welcome to MBRK. Just curious as always, how did you hear about our club and get the website URL.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Hey Countrygal, welcome aboard. The meetings are a lot of fun, free beer & corals.
- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

Welcome to the club. Hope to see you at the meeting.
countrygal5053
Amoeba

Post by countrygal5053 »

Well I heard about this site from a worker at B&B pets and told him I would check it out. and as for the party,oops....meeting, well not sure on that one. I am not a party type, after all I am 51 years young. But I do like saltwater tanks and love learning about them and how to keep a good tank.

thank you for all being so nice I think this site is a very nice place to find good info.
Christine
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Wow, somebody at B&B actually endorses the club? That's cool!

The party/meetings are pretty easy going actually, I don't think you'd feel out of place at all... yes, it's mostly a young-to-middle-age group (I'd bet the mean age is like 25-30), however it's a great bunch of people.
-Josh Murrah
countrygal5053
Amoeba

Post by countrygal5053 »

:?:
just a question, silly as it my be....how do you get those cute little pics to the left of the posts? Just wondering cos would like to do that .
Christine
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

At the top of the screen there is a profile link. At the bottom of that page there is an area where you can upload an image or you can select one from the gallery. There are a lot of websites where you can look at other avatars and link to the image there.
Phisher
Hermit Crab

Post by Phisher »

Welcome, welcome! Please do try and attend the meeting, great fun and new ppl always go home with cool stuff. Its a very diverse group, everyone fits in.

Joe
countrygal5053
Amoeba

Post by countrygal5053 »

Well I can try, but I need to know where the meetings are at . When you have them or how often. What times and stuff like that.
Christine
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

Hi,,, Welcome to MBRK...sorry so late in the welcome...been out of country. Do try to attend the meetings. Great fellowship and lots of fun. First you get to see some great tanks and hear about how they are kept. You will get the real information and not from someone trying to make a profit. Lots of great ideas on reefs are learned and discussed between the short breaks for Pig in Blankets and a brew or two. Usually lots of frags. We are not all children. I am 55 next wk and I show up just to keep the kids in line. There will be a hurling contest this time between Josh and Xster. You do not want to miss it. The winner gets a free mushroom. Really the meetings are great ....everyone welcome and you will meet some great reefers...
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Sent you the e-mail and added you to the list for future e-mail notification at the e-mail address that you provided.