July Meeting

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

wtrhed
Copepod

Post by wtrhed »

Two thumbs up!! Kevin and Amy, thanks for putting up with us.Sorry we kept yall up so late. Everyone was pretty cool and we felt very welcome. It was a BLAST!! Thanks to everyone for a great time. Thanks again to Kevin and Amy for a great meeting at a great place. If you ever need anything just let us know, we will be more than glad to help.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

You guys did not have to stick around and help us clean up, but it was nice of you two. I did not catch your wife's name but tell her thanks from both of us.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Eddies wife's name is Tiffany.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

Thanks for all of the wonderful comments.... I can honestly say that is the first and probably last meeting I have drank at... was a hoot though. I am so glad that Scott talked us into doing this club thing... we were very skeptical and it has turned out that we have met some great people with alot of the same interests and have a great time whether talking reefs or not. :wink:

I am sorry we didn't have any noticed hurling :( for those of you that were disappointed.

I also apologize to anyone who got out with out us saying goodbye...next to Terry's meeting I think this was the most folks we have seen and well I just hope that everyone felt welcome.

Can't wait til next time.

Amy
harbingerofthefish
Copepod
Location: ^^Harbinger wishes he was way up here^^ - um...can we say abuse of power here?! and memphis, tn ;)

Post by harbingerofthefish »

f e e l l i k e a z o m b i e

so the ride home was fun. All the way down 98 and I was the only car the whole way going my direction. My hand fell asleep hanging over the steering wheel. I went to turn onto my street (the first actual turn I made) and my hand just fell off the wheel. So then I get to my pad and alls well. I gathe rup the stuff from the car and go into feed the cat at 4 am (he was kinda pissed but to tired to do anything about it). I get up to the porch and BAM! spider web. I rip off my hat and I swear I see the spider hanging from it. So here I am at 4 am banging my hat against the ground trying to kill something that I'm not even sure is there. The I turn around and of course the cat is looking out the window at me like "dumbass"

anywho, had a fun time. thaks ya'll
"nothing is the matter, it don't matter what you think"
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

I guess i'll get that CD burner later. I just don't know how I forgot it. :wink:
RENTON: I chose not to choose life. I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got Heroin?
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

harbingerofthefish wrote:f e e l l i k e a z o m b i e
The I turn around and of course the cat is looking out the window at me like "dumbass"
Ahhhh hah love it.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
Melissakins
Bristleworm

Post by Melissakins »

GREAT meeting/party!! I had such a great time. That was sooooo nice after all the stress of moving...We had a wonderful time. Thank you Kevin and Amy for hosting. Too bad we didn't see a few of the familiar faces that usually show up, would have been nice seeing you!!!

Amy and Deanna, that was so much fun! Except for the pinch...:D

We got back to our rental to tidy up the last few things, grab the 3 nano's, and set them up here at the new house. We were up til 4 am. What fun! NOT :?

Hope everyone's head feels better soon. What's this about shrimping? When will that happen? I missed that conversation.

Thank you thank you Jason for helping us out. Can't tell you how much you helped.

Gotta get back to it. Amy, remind me to send you the link from ebay on that Waterhouse tile thingamabob for the bathroom.
"You can say any fool thing to a dog, and the dog will give you this look that says, `My God, you're RIGHT! I NEVER would've thought of that!'" - Dave Barry

40 gallon tall
15 gallon refugium
2.5 gallon mantis tank
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

I've got a book that is just about Waterhouse. He my favorite painter too.
RENTON: I chose not to choose life. I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got Heroin?
max
Amoeba

Post by max »

Thanks for the great time. We had a blast. Been feeling all the fun we had all day long today. I thought I would be entering Dinah into the hurling contest but it didn't happen. It's about time for John to pass the torch. Thanks again.
Ryan
Amoeba

Post by Ryan »

It is too bad we don't have any members in Fish River. That would be a great place to have a meeting.
aka Goldschlager
30 gallon vivarium
2 japanese fire belly newts
2 random fish
lzb3
Copepod

Post by lzb3 »

Great meeting Amy and Kevin. Again, thanks for hosting. I wish we could have stayed longer. I was really worried that my 5 year old would decide that "sleep overs" weren't her thing and want to come home . This was her first time to spend the night out. Of course, since we were at home waiting for her, she never called! :roll:

Anyway, I had a great time meeting all the newbies and seeing all my pals. I will post again when it is time to raid my tank for frags! For now, I have to clean my house!!!!!! :shock:

Elizabeth
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

Ryan I agree - > Fish River would be a great place for a meeting.... too bad we don't have any members there.... :roll:
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Does anyone have any pictures of the blue zoanthids that Daniel brought to the meeting?
Wanted: to set up a tank again.