WTB Live rock and Sand.

This forum would make Sanford and Son's proud.

Moderator: snoopdog

Buddy08
Copepod
Are you a Bot ?: No

Re: WTB Live rock and Sand.

Post by Buddy08 »

would i have better luck buying dry rock and seeding it with a few pieces of live rock? From an expense point of view?
AuroraDrvr
Copepod

Post by AuroraDrvr »

Buddy08 wrote:would i have better luck buying dry rock and seeding it with a few pieces of live rock? From an expense point of view?
Yes.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

Buddy08 wrote:would i have better luck buying dry rock and seeding it with a few pieces of live rock? From an expense point of view?

Here is the place I suggested earlier in the thread: http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/pro ... i-dry-rock
Innerarity Reefs
Copepod

Post by Innerarity Reefs »

Im not trying to argue this point to sell some live rock, but if you calculate the cost involved curing the dry rock, making up saltwater, doing the water changes involved in curing dry rock, buying coraline covered pieces of live rock seems the least expensive way to go especially if the live rock is cheap. $1-$1.50 more than buying dry base rock seems a less expensive route, not to mention you pick your own pieces, shapes,sizes. just saying....
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

Why would you go through all of that to cure dry rock? Rinse it a few times in RO water then put it in the tank just like you do with bags of dry sand. Put a few pieces of live rock in with it and let the thing go for at least a month like you are suppose to when you set up a tank. The only rock I ever cured was stuff I had dropped shipped from overseas from some on line places. That stuff was covered in all kinds of stuff and you had major die off. All I really did was put it in the tank with a skimmer and pull off anything that was dieing. You don't get live rock like that anymore unless you buy the aquaculture stuff out of tampa. That stuff weighs a ton though.
Buddy08
Copepod

Post by Buddy08 »

got the tank, liverock, and sand setup and running. Thanks to progressive marine for my lighting supplies, and tj at Innerarity Reefs in pensacola for my live rock and sand. Heres the tank as it stands.

pheonixsoul25
Amoeba

Post by pheonixsoul25 »

looking great add some pick to the members secttion also!
100 gallon mixed reef
Buddy08
Copepod

Post by Buddy08 »

where at?
Innerarity Reefs
Copepod

Post by Innerarity Reefs »

Pics dont do the rock justice but its awesome rock way more purple than the pics show.
pheonixsoul25
Amoeba

Post by pheonixsoul25 »

There is a a section called members tanks and bio under the general reef keeping
100 gallon mixed reef
29nanomob
Copepod

Post by 29nanomob »

Buddy08 wrote:i have purchased a lot at progressive marine. Theyre rock ranged in price if i remember correctly but its still an average of 5$ a lb. I think theyre just about moved by now. Its in the blue roofed building behind checkers next to rite aid. My next off day, Im going to go talk to them and see what my options are. If not, it looks like ill be getting some used live rock from pcola. Is there anything wrong with that?
used live rock???
reefing just isnt the same living outside the glass....
29nanomob
Copepod

Post by 29nanomob »

Buddy08 wrote:got the tank, liverock, and sand setup and running. Thanks to progressive marine for my lighting supplies, and tj at Innerarity Reefs in pensacola for my live rock and sand. Heres the tank as it stands.

this is niiiiiiiiiiiiiceeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!! .... cant wait to see it stocked
reefing just isnt the same living outside the glass....