The next meeting

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

Ditto on the question regarding what to bring.
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

I have a request for the next meeting. The costs of this board have fallen solely on Kevin and Amy. I think that we should all make a donation to them to help compensate them for these out-of-pocket costs. I think that it would only be fair that we all contribute to the cause.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

yeah I need to get a head count on who thinks they will be coming.

Also what you want to bring to eat or whatever.

So lets get a soundoff...just 5 days away!
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

I will be there with some Jim Beam Black Label!!!!
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Xster is donating two "decent sized" mystery frags as a door prize. If someone with a softie tank wins I will substitue a frag of green sinulara or something.

ALL HAIL XSTER!
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

Kevin and I will be there- thing one and thing two are questionable....

Bought the stuff for Piggies tonight. What else do we need to bring?
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Amyjoe wrote:Kevin and I will be there- thing one and thing two are questionable....

Bought the stuff for Piggies tonight. What else do we need to bring?
piiiiiiggies :!: :D

sounds like enough to me
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

barring any last minute changes..... I will be taking care of these dishes

Honey Baked Ham
Country mashed potatoes with real butter!
Fried corn bread (yeah, in the Iron skillet) prolly one mexican and one regular.
Southern style mollases and brown sugar baked beans (maybe)

I will update the list if anything changes.
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Scott wrote:I have a request for the next meeting. The costs of this board have fallen solely on Kevin and Amy. I think that we should all make a donation to them to help compensate them for these out-of-pocket costs. I think that it would only be fair that we all contribute to the cause.
I'm definitely down with that.
-Josh Murrah
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

ShagMan wrote:
Scott wrote:I have a request for the next meeting. The costs of this board have fallen solely on Kevin and Amy. I think that we should all make a donation to them to help compensate them for these out-of-pocket costs. I think that it would only be fair that we all contribute to the cause.
I'm definitely down with that.

Kevin and I discussed this when we/he volunteered to do the site, we would rather not involve money. We talked about it again this AM and well we would still rather not involve money. If you want to donate anything we would rather it be frags or something of the sort. :oops: We just feel it would be easier and less apt to cause problems as a whole if we just keep things simple, money is not simple and well it was said once or twice before when money starts getting involved then the politics follow- Kevin and I aren't into politics. :roll:
Phisher
Hermit Crab

Post by Phisher »

I plan to be there, I can pick some soft drinks on the way.

Joe
Melissakins
Bristleworm

Post by Melissakins »

Brandon and I will bring the salmon dip/crackers and something else....what, I don't know. Maybe some snack mix or a cheese ball. I could do little smokies in BBQ sauce.....
"You can say any fool thing to a dog, and the dog will give you this look that says, `My God, you're RIGHT! I NEVER would've thought of that!'" - Dave Barry

40 gallon tall
15 gallon refugium
2.5 gallon mantis tank
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

Amyjoe wrote: Kevin and I discussed this when we/he volunteered to do the site, we would rather not involve money. We talked about it again this AM and well we would still rather not involve money. If you want to donate anything we would rather it be frags or something of the sort. :oops: We just feel it would be easier and less apt to cause problems as a whole if we just keep things simple, money is not simple and well it was said once or twice before when money starts getting involved then the politics follow- Kevin and I aren't into politics. :roll:
I don't see any politics in anonymous donations (frags or money) to help offset any costs. That was the way we decided to deal with money at the second meeting.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

Scott wrote: I don't see any politics in anonymous donations (frags or money) to help offset any costs. That was the way we decided to deal with money at the second meeting.
Kevin and Amy, you guys are simply completely generous when it comes to this club. I also think that anonymous donations are a great way of diverting some of the costs to the rest of us. I am pretty sure Kevin also donates many hours of his time maintaining and servicing the site. Just my personal thoughts and not speaking for anyone else, John.
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Yeah... could we at least do anonymous donations, like a secret box laying around somewhere at each meeting? I feel really bad, because I use these boards CONSTANTLY, and post/attach pics often, so I know that I need to contribute in some manner, my concsious(bad spelling) dictates it.
-Josh Murrah