Wondering where has everyone been?

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

Xster
Astrea snail

Wondering where has everyone been?

Post by Xster »

Where has everyone been?? It's been kinda slow here recently. Need new topics to talk about.

How's everyone's tank doing?

I will go first:

Very Brief synopsis:

Well, my tank is finally on the comeback trail. After Alex was born, my tank had a little outbreak of cyano and dino. I blame this on my lack of any water changes for four months and my complete negligence. A couple of my colonies had some bleaching spots on them also, and most did not exhibit any noticeable growth. I lost a couple of frags due to bulldozing snails/crabs and frags falling behind the rockwork. This just totally upsets me.

After a while, I finally had some time to take care of my tank again. I did a 25% water change twice in a 7 day span, then I did some water testing. lo and behold, my calcium was only 280 ppm. I completely forgot about my calcium reactor. The CO2 bottle was completely empty. I had to dose manually with B-Ionic over the next two days to get calcium level back over 350 ppm. and got the calcium reactor in working order. I am promising myself to keep up with water changes, and I have been.

Got a few nice corals since Alex's birth, but the tank is noticeably looking better than before. A couple of brown outs have occurred, but it better color up or else. I am contemplating re-arranging some things, and also getting rid of some corals in my tank.

Please post little brief happenings to your tank. I would like to hear them all.
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

I have been in Africa for a month (In Paris as I write) and looking forward to seeing my tank tonight. I will be doing some water changes also this week and cking chem. Hope to see all at meeting this wk end. Terry
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

I will see you soon Terry...as I seriously miss the spending sprees....missed out on many nice looking corals....
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Yeah, I will be glad when you get back Terry, I miss the conversation!!!

Xster: How long do you think the reactor was down? That SPS tank just sucks the Ca right out doesn't it?
-Josh Murrah
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

ShagMan wrote: Xster: How long do you think the reactor was down? That SPS tank just sucks the Ca right out doesn't it?
I am thinking at least a week. It was during the time, when the only thing I was doing was throwing in some flakes for the fishes and doing nothing else for the tank! Bad husbandry, but my corals still loves me though, I think. :?
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

me and leslie have been moving and ive been hunting a new job so i dont have to put up with the crap at work anymore....
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

yahoo, have an interview with the city board today...crazy, i just posted about this a min ago...