To infinity and beyond!

Off Topic Discussion - Chat about anything, just keep it fairly clean.

Moderator: snoopdog

SaltnLime
Chromis

To infinity and beyond!

Post by SaltnLime »

I have not been real active on the forums this month as work has been ...HECTIC. It seems that life has been pitching me curve balls for a while now. Family members in hospital.....Corporate Downsizing...my boss resigning.....A PITA dentist and a unbearable toothache.....but it is all seeming to come together now at least it is under control.

Oh yeah............did I mention we are pregnant agian :shock: Or , rather my wife is. :) The irony of previous complaints about to little room in our current house has not gone unnoticed with the new news. Good thing we just gave away all our baby stuff 2 months ago :roll:

So now that I am no longer in shock and am now fully medicated....I should be back pretty regular. :)
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

Welcome Back, Shawn! :D And also a big congratulations on your wife being pregnant. My wife is due any week now. Any advice you want to share on becoming first time parents?
:)
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

Congratulations Shawn and Shawn's wife (sorry I can't remember her name)! When is she due? Just wondering because My wife is pregnant too! Not trying to steal your limelight ( :lol: ) but I am not good at announcing things without a drumroll.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Scott wrote:Congratulations Shawn and Shawn's wife (sorry I can't remember her name)! When is she due? Just wondering because My wife is pregnant too! Not trying to steal your limelight ( :lol: ) but I am not good at announcing things without a drumroll.
Thanks...She is only about 6 weeks along now so she is due some time in June...maybe near my B-day :D

Congrats to you and yours on the soon to be new reefer too! Must have been something we ate at one of the meetings :o Prolly those pigs in a blanket " Amy? ! " :o
Last edited by SaltnLime on Fri Oct 24, 2003 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Xster wrote:Welcome Back, Shawn! :D And also a big congratulations on your wife being pregnant. My wife is due any week now. Any advice you want to share on becoming first time parents?
:)
Thanks and Congratulations to you in case I have not mentioned it.

Well, giving advice on parenting is like giving advice on working on cars. You gotta know what your working on first, any usually you are the only one with that particular make and model anyways, so most advice from friends just seems useless, BUT one thing that seems to hold true for all parenting essentials.......

PATIENCE! Don't sweat the small stuff.

Others might include:

Anything irreplaceable should be boxed up for 10 years minimum and a picture of it put in it's place. :D

Children mimic thier parents so if your kids do not smile alot...it's because you don't either :P

You think you have a lifetime supply of diapers when you start out, but they barely last a week.

And last but not least....when going out for a while always pack 2 extra outfits for the baby and 2 for you. :P

I hope I drool when I get old....I owe my kids paybacks :twisted:
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

I hope it was the pigs in blankets... I would like to be responsible for your good fortune-didn't know pork was a fertility booster. I am so excited for both of you (all four of you) Shawn and spouse(insert name) and Scott and Nicki...

It is a blessed thing to bring new life to the world, even with every headache and heartache that is attached to them.

I see my kids and as much anguish that they may cause, each day is made better because they are here....

Keep us up to date!!!!
Deanna
Amoeba

Post by Deanna »

AWWWW...I am so excited for you guys...alllll of you. Congrats upon congrats. Babies are so wonderful...and they are even wonderful as they grow. I hope the women have pleasant pregnancies(is this possible? :) ). Anywho...congrats again!! I hope it wasnt the piggies!!! hah

De
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Oooh, I hope it wasn't the piggie-in-blankets, because I've eaten a TON of them... :lol: :lol: :lol: Definitely congratulations to you both!
-Josh Murrah
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Wow he lives, been trying to get in touch with you on your cell phone.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

snoopdog wrote:Wow he lives, been trying to get in touch with you on your cell phone.
Doh.....saw where you called today... I was playing daddy at the kids school fall fest thing. Sorry bout that....call me on my cell...I'll answer this time.....or I'll call ya right back.