Well another DIY project gone HORRIDLY WRONG!

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

harbingerofthefish
Copepod
Location: ^^Harbinger wishes he was way up here^^ - um...can we say abuse of power here?! and memphis, tn ;)

Well another DIY project gone HORRIDLY WRONG!

Post by harbingerofthefish »

This past saturday I built a DIY HOB overflow to haelp keep the scum off the surface. The idea was to put the power head in it sucking the surface down and back into the water column. 4 days later ( the usual time it took scum to build up) everything was great. Surface was clear, no build up. SUCCESS!

...or so I thought....

went to the kitchen last night and glanced in the tank, only to see a yellow stripe next to the PH. My fish had swam into the overflow, got stuck in the small space between the acryllic wall of the overflow and the PH. I yelled to Katie to come grab the hood as I yanked the HOB O.F. out of the tank. No use. Fish was dead.

I actually came home today and looked in the tank as usual to try and get a glimpse of him peeking out from the rocks.

it's just not the same anymore
"nothing is the matter, it don't matter what you think"
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

DIY projects regarding anything either containing water or involving a siphon that could be disasterous if the siphon breaks rarely go right for long. I am sorry for the loss but these things happen. What size tank was this your small one ?
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

Man I am so sorry, I know how much you loved that little guy.... Maybe you can get another soon to replace him..... :(