So did anyone in the area have a calcium reactor?

This forum would make Sanford and Son's proud.

Moderator: snoopdog

Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

So did anyone in the area have a calcium reactor?

Post by Fishfood »

I guess I'm going to jump full speed into acros in the 135 even though i swore I wouldn't. With that in mind I guess I'll need a calcium reactor to keep up with the system.
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Once the bug bites.... I figured you would you just can't resist the force. I will start looking. I know I sent an e-mail to someone looking for one but I can't find it.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Here is a Lifereef. I know someone who has one and really likes it: http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/showt ... um+reactor
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

i figure that if i don't have to use my chiller i can pay for the reactor with that cash, if i can sell it. my problem is i know nothing about reactors. I'll have to get one of you to explain it once i get one. I'm going to have to plumb it through two walls but it will only be about 6 ft away from the tank.
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

plumbing is very easy with a calcium reactor, it is just using regular water lines, no pvc needed. pretty much just one line for the water coming from the tank to the reactor and another one from the reactor to the tank.
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Yeah, it's just the regular vinyl hose or I have seen someone using the RO type hosing. There is no pressure involved.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

cool, i always thought i needed it near the sump or something.
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Anyone want a used two-stage, complete with guages, tank, etc? I'm tired of fooling with mine.

Jeff, do you have any Dowflake left? I'm gonna start doing the two-part again on a less-than-daily basis, the calc reactor was too much tuning and futzing for my taste.
-Josh Murrah
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

Hey Josh I will take it. How much do you want for it?
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

i'd be interested also. what makes it so difficult to dial in? what brand? price?
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

ShagMan wrote:Anyone want a used two-stage, complete with guages, tank, etc? I'm tired of fooling with mine.

Jeff, do you have any Dowflake left? I'm gonna start doing the two-part again on a less-than-daily basis, the calc reactor was too much tuning and futzing for my taste.
Billy and I are looking for one also.
Karen
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Here's what I got, I have $250 in it, including the tank, I'd like to get that out of it if somebody's willing to pay that price... a new one would cost, what, $400+ with guages/tank? it's old and used, but no leaks, and has a small ehiem pump underneath for circulation... has a electric solenoid on the guages too.

-Josh Murrah
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

I'll buy it!!!
Karen
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

alrighty :) I have a bag of course aragonite to give with it too.
-Josh Murrah
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

So can you say what makes it hard to dial in and why you have to always mess with it? I'm lazy and hate keeping up with things in my tank sometimes. And most of the time i Just forget. I assume that reactors typically are fairly stable with little messing with them after they are initially set up and dialed in. Am I wrong in this assumption? I'll take it for that price if someone can explain to me what i might be missing. haha. Plus i just got off the phone with my insurance. I'm finally going to get the last $1200 out of them I think.