FEB MEETING II

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

Nobody volunteered to host the next meeting so the idea of taking a field trip is being tossed around.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

That sounds like fun.
RENTON: I chose not to choose life. I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got Heroin?
Melissakins
Bristleworm

Post by Melissakins »

Date: March 12
Purpose: Visit Fish/Coral Store Visit Aquarium Eat/Drink/Be Merry
How: Carpool/train whatever from set location to New Orleans (Location to depart from still needs to be determined :) .

Time: Needs to be set

I'm In.......Any other takers for the 12th? I'm not available the 5th either as I'll be in the Montgomery area.
"You can say any fool thing to a dog, and the dog will give you this look that says, `My God, you're RIGHT! I NEVER would've thought of that!'" - Dave Barry

40 gallon tall
15 gallon refugium
2.5 gallon mantis tank
Phisher
Hermit Crab

Post by Phisher »

I'll say in also. I can meet you guys by I-10 somewhere. I would say start early, at least before noon. Maybe John will go, he knows where all the sweet spots are I bet.

Joe
Deanna
Amoeba

Post by Deanna »

12th looks good for us...I have spring break the following week so it would be great! no studying for tests heh

Deanna
Phisher
Hermit Crab

Post by Phisher »

Oops I forgot about Spring Break. I might be out.

Joe
Melissakins
Bristleworm

Post by Melissakins »

Anyone else remotely interested in this or not? I'm going to go regardless...
"You can say any fool thing to a dog, and the dog will give you this look that says, `My God, you're RIGHT! I NEVER would've thought of that!'" - Dave Barry

40 gallon tall
15 gallon refugium
2.5 gallon mantis tank
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

Billy and I will be in Metarie, so we will be there. One place that is an absolute must to go to fo the best deals, is Rick's Reef. UNBELIEVABLE prices.
Karen
Melissakins
Bristleworm

Post by Melissakins »

Cool...I looked up the other place....on Harrison. Looks like fun!

40 gallon tall
15 gallon refugium
2.5 gallon mantis tank
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

I should be able to meet you guys at Coral Connection and then we can go from there. I heard that Coral Connection has expanded quite a bit from my last visit, so it should be fun. Rick's Reef is pretty cool, but Rick is a little bit eccentric.

What is the name place is on Harrison?? I have heard about it, but forgot the name.

There is Aquatic Specialties, down the road from Coral Connection also.
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

The name of the place on Harrison is called Coral Reef, Our kids say there isn't anything there. They live in Metairie, so they could come up with several places for us too. If you see the name Redstripe come on that would be them.
Xster, what is wrong with excentric people, I pride myself on being alittle odd. :lol:
Karen
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

Doubt that we can make this one, I have to work that weekend and well the kids are not up for New Orleans no matter how "old" they think they are. Kevin may tag along with someone, if he gets the bug though.
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

Jahdiel wrote:Xster, what is wrong with excentric people, I pride myself on being alittle odd. :lol:
I never said there was anything wrong with eccentric, but in your case, you are the "cool" eccentric. :lol:

Rick is just kinda out of there, once you make him feel like he is the "know it all" of reefkeeping, he can cut you some deals though.
:D
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

There is also The Reef Keepers in Slidell. It is just off I-10 going towards N.O. I have never been there so I can't vouch for it.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Melissakins wrote:Brandon and I, Mike/Leslie, Liz, Kevin, Salt n'Lime, Josh/Deanna, Salt's friend (can't remember his name off the top of my head)....10 people or so....we went to Ocea to see the store where they were doing the actual building of the stands/tanks, then their store to see finished products, then to all the fish stores in Pensacola. Oh and to eat.

heres a few pics of that trip....
Attachments
DSCN1923 pic(Small).jpg
DSCN1923 pic(Small).jpg (60.36 KiB) Viewed 2764 times
DSCN1914 x(Small).jpg
DSCN1914 x(Small).jpg (49.82 KiB) Viewed 2764 times
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "