Changes in my tank

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

tbmoore
Astrea snail

Changes in my tank

Post by tbmoore »

Been working way too much but finally got a chance to start on my tank....still need to do the water change but did get the glass clean....What prompted the need was another Ice cap 400w 120v ballast went out....Think durning the storm ....power surges.....Called Rich from Progressive and he had a Coralvue electronic ballast (new) in stock for around $150 (not sure since I got some other things).. I am running 20k XM 400w bulbs and decided it was time to change my VHO out also had been in there since the first of the yr and went to the white instead of blue VHO..(always forget their name....the blue bulb has gold base and the white bulb has a blue base...go figure) Anywhy I really like the new look...the white VHO with the 20k MH look great....Of course everyone has a different opion on lights...do not mean to start the never ending fight on which lights....but I like the change and will be doing a test on the Coralvue electronic ballast....
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

Sounds good Terry. How about some updated pictures?
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
Xster
Astrea snail

Re: Changes in my tank

Post by Xster »

tbmoore wrote:I am running 20k XM 400w bulbs and decided it was time to change my VHO out also had been in there since the first of the yr and went to the white instead of blue VHO..(always forget their name....the blue bulb has gold base and the white bulb has a blue base...go figure) Anywhy I really like the new look...the white VHO with the 20k MH look great....Of course everyone has a different opion on lights...
The white VHO is actually the 50/50, good choice when you are running 20k's, and not any other actinics. You might miss the dusk/dawn effect, if you know what I mean. But I cant wait to see updated pics of your tank, you always have great growth and color.
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

Finally did my water change and cleaned my skimmer and glass.....also working on resitting my reactor and getting water balanced....the only problem I am having is with my X10's ...one set of lights just will not turn off at nt since I changed out my bad ballast from Ice Cap to the CoralVue...the problem is that is not the string of lights not turning off....have tried 3 different X10 modules.....still looking for the interference or have three bad modules......when x10 workds they are great...when they do not...pain in the butt....