Places to visit

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

sb1227
Astrea snail

Places to visit

Post by sb1227 »

Finally started my vacation this week :D Hopefully will be making a trek towards Destin. Do any of you know of any good aquatic stores between Pensacola and Destin? I know of the ones in Pensacola, but haven't tried any farther east. Any suggestions would be great......thanks, Sue
finaddict
Amoeba

Post by finaddict »

Its a little farther to travel but you need to check out Poseidons reef in Panama city. I have been there once and its awesome. My father just made another trip this weekend. Its an awesome place, just be sure to tell them you heard about him on the MBRK forum. He's pleased to see that we've been hearing about him online. He give you some good deals you just have to work with him. I'll probably be going again this coming up weekend if your interested. On your way stop by aquaworks of pensacola and talk to dave or tim. Great guys

Let me know
Jeff
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

I have heard some great things about Posidons. If you go there let us know about it. It is a pretty long way to go, so I hope it is worth the drive.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
finaddict
Amoeba

Post by finaddict »

Its well worth the drive. I would say about once a month. Not that bad on driving just stay on the interstate to defunak springs and then go south. You will be there in no time. I'm wanting to go next weekend, but who knows. You are more than welcome to ride with me if I go.

Jeff
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

Hmm.. I have heard different about posidens. I was actually there a year ago and they didn't have anything in the store. Lee could probably tell us more about it. I was just in PC last weekend to pick up the canopy from lee and he said there isn't much in PC. It is under new ownership now i believe. On the way there are two stores on 98 if you go that way. One is in Mary Ester and I believe the stores name is Fish Biz or something like that and there is one near Navarre. I don't have an idea what that stores name is. I've been to the one in Navarre a few times. They usually have nice clean tanks from what i remember. Not too much i was ever looking for but decent looking coral.
finaddict
Amoeba

Post by finaddict »

I just went a few weeks ago. They did change owners and the new store is awesome. That don't have a lot of fish to choose from but their corals and live rock is outstanding. They also carry alot of dry goods and equipment. Chances are if you need it they got it. Awesome frags. Thats just my opinion though.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

yea, i heard some guy from wisconsin bought the store on line. I was only there once and it was under the old ownership and i guess he was trying to get out of business at the time so he let if get fairly bad.
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

What are the prices like (I mostly wanted to know about frag and coral prices)?
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

Yeah, frags and corals are mostly what I'm looking for..I remember someone talking about the place in Navarre, but cant remember what the name was or if it was still open. I always stop by Aquaworks, that's one of those places you never know what they'll have :D but I really like them, have gotten some good deals there. I'm gonna be taking my 20 planted tank down this week and dividing the stuff between the other two.....and I can't stand to have an empty tank so.....guess I'm just gonna have to fill it up with saltwater :lol: Any excust to go fish place hopping is a good one for me!
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

Tim was telling me that within the next few weeks you never know what he will have in at Aquaworks. They get a shipment in tomorrow and he said since the collectors get new licenses to get coral different stuff usually comes in at the beginning of the year and since he just tells them to ship stuff he never really knows what he is going to get. They should have about 50 new coral tomorrow.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

FYI -

I just stopped by aquaworks and thier coral hasn't arrived. It is stuck in atlanta. Just wanted to give a heads up in case anyone was interested in stopping in. I guess they will be lucky if anything makes it alive tomorrow.
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

Thanks, 'cause I was gonna go to Aquaworks today, but put it off till tomorrow. Guess we'll see what happens. We're gonna go check out Posideons Reef while we're in the area, I'm looking forward to it.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

I so badly need to make a P Cola run.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

Well they got their stuff in today.... nothing special. The usual stuff, bunch of leathers, different brains, a bunch of shrooms. A very nice hairy blue shroom. Selling them $40 a shroom. Has a customer willing to pay $100 per shroom but they want to get some out to others in the area. They were very nice. Two or 3 zoanthid rocks but they were nothing special. No Acro. They have an extremely large elegance though. Very nice. In all 50 different corals but nothing out of the ordenary. Reef scapes has the brightest open brain i've ever seen. They have had it for about 3 weeks and they say no one wants it. I'm broke and can't affort it but i would take it in a heart beat. It is all neon green. They have a bunch of clams also. They finally put a MH over the tank but the stuff still doesn't look great. They need to change it from a blue line 20k bulb to a 10k to bring out more color in their corals. Everything seems washed out.
reefaddict
Amoeba

Post by reefaddict »

Anyone wanting to go to Panamacity o Poisidens Reef this Saturday let myself or finnaddict know. Maybe we could get a trip set up and make a few stops along the way. I drive a 4 door dodge truck so about 5 or six of us can go together, and make a full day of fish store hopping.

Herb (reef addict)