WHOLESALE ORDER

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

lzb3
Copepod

WHOLESALE ORDER

Post by lzb3 »

I am placing a wholeslae order from a new company. I would love to order some additional stuff and get a better freight rate. These are the brands I can get. Call me on my cell if you are interested.

Chemi-Pure
Carib Sea
CPR
Crystal Sea
Danner (Mag Drive)
DT's
Ebo Jager
Ice Cap
Kent
Liquid Life
Little Giant
Marc Weiss
Ocean Nutrition
OSI
Pacific Coast (chillers and GenX)
Rio
Seachem
Sealife Systems
San Francisco Bay Brand
Tropic Marin
Tropical Science
Two Little Fishies
URI
Via Aqua

I am ordering some buckets of Tropic Marin Sea Salt. It is SO much better than IO or Kent. It is, however a little more costly, but you get what you pay for IMHO.

My cell phone is 753-2934.

Thanks,

Elizabeth
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

When are you placing the order? How much are 4 URI actinic 110 watt 48" VHO's?
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

The prices were VERY good for 72" VHO's, I ordered four of those, plus some endcaps if she can get them... if you need anything from these brand names, then better call her quick.
-Josh Murrah
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Yeah, I just talked to her. They are good prices.
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

Hey Liz, please pm me with a price quote for a ice cap 400 W Metal halide electronic ballast 220 V, and a 1 hp chiller. Thanks in advance, John
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

John, Icecap does not make a reliable 400 watt metal halide ballast and they are the first to admit it. I ran across a thread about it in the Icecap forum on RC when I was looking for information on t-5 bulbs. Look there before you buy one. And a 1HP CHILLER! what is up with that? Are you going to be putting a coule of 1000w metal halides on your tank?
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

Scott wrote:John, Icecap does not make a reliable 400 watt metal halide ballast and they are the first to admit it. I ran across a thread about it in the Icecap forum on RC when I was looking for information on t-5 bulbs.

I have heard that the 220 Volt Metal Halide Ballast is very reliable, the 110 V is the one that Ice Cap is still working on.
Scott wrote:And a 1HP CHILLER! what is up with that? Are you going to be putting a coule of 1000w metal halides on your tank?
Actually this is for my brother's tank that I am setting up for him. Just trying to get some ideas as in cost. 670 G tank with a 100 G sump and rubbermaid grow out tank, and a 75 gallong refugium, just some thoughts. :) I think I am getting more excited that he is.
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Wht kind of lighting is he planning on using? What are the dimentions of his tank? 1HP is a big chiller.
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

It is 9 feet long X 4 feet deep X 2.5 feet high. I think we are setting up 5-400 W MH, approximately 8 vho's, a couple more 400W MH on the grow out tank. We are looking at approximately 1000 G of total water volume. What do you think? 1 hp is overkill??
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Possibly not, I think it's hard to tell until it's been running for a while and you determine how many degrees you need to lower your tank water. With all those halides, is it going to be a SPS tank?
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

Yes, mostly SPS and LPS.
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

I second the comment on Ice cap 400w mh ballast. I bought 4 in march. One went out within a month and they still have not replaced it. They do not have a fix for the problem.. They did send me another kind of ballast as a loaner but does not fix my problem. Hold off on those ballast.