Float switch.

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

Brandon wrote:I make a trashcan full, let it set with a pump for a couple of days. Siphon an equal amount out of the house into another trashcan, then use a pump in the newly made up water to push it into the house in the sump... or uhm.. I just pour the buckets down the toilet and fill and equal amount from the newly made up water outside.
I didn't get that!!! :?
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Poop... I was thinking of changing the water.. Nevermind :)
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

From Ryan: Try to keep up....
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

Snakeman wrote:From Ryan: Try to keep up....
I think Brandon is still buzzed from Saturday night....or maybe he is always that wired! :lol:
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

Jason, please reply to viewtopic.php?t=614

it would be greatly appreciated.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

I like the idea of having to back up float switch. What is the 24vac tansformer for?
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

I would think the 1st switch from the ro unit is controlled via electronic solenoid. My guess is the LLC(Whatever that is) would detect water height with some sort of sensor via capillary action through the air-line tubing in the water.

Okay, did a search for LLC and spectrapure.. LLC = Liquid Level Controller.. DOH!
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

A plus for Brandon, that is correct. It is called an LLC (liquid level controller) and the transformer is attached to a solenoid that controls the water flow. There is a hose and large tube that go in the sump, when the sump drops several inches of water the LLC turns on. This keeps the RO unit for running for so long and producing poor water. I bought an LLC unit from Spectrapure for my sump so my RO was not running all damn day.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

So with the LLC, it wont dribble all day.. it will wait until a certain point and pump a couple of gallon to get it back up.. Is that correct?? That's pretty cool if that is what it does.
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

i use the kent float valve, always worked for me
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Yes it work but with the water constantly evaporating the effect is the RO runs all day. Since the RO never reaches full pressure you get poor RO water compared to if the RO gets to shut off. This lets the water drop down several inches then gets filled up all the way to the mark. It really works well in tanks with sumps.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Of you could use a reserve barrel like myself to keep the sump topped off...then manually run the r/o unit to fill the reserve barrel when it gets low.... of course install a float valve on the reserve barrel JIC you forget and leave the R/O unit on too long.. :oops:
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

Salt'n'Lime wrote:Of you could use a reserve barrel like myself to keep the sump topped off...then manually run the r/o unit to fill the reserve barrel when it gets low.... of course install a float valve on the reserve barrel JIC you forget and leave the R/O unit on too long.. :oops:
You honor, I am also guilty of this heinous reef keeping crime!!! :(
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »