75 Gallon Stocked Reef Tank

This forum would make Sanford and Son's proud.

Moderator: snoopdog

crsswift70
Copepod

75 Gallon Stocked Reef Tank

Post by crsswift70 »

I'm not dead set on selling this but will if i get a decent offer. I think i have about $2k in it overall. It has a current 2x150W MH 4xT5HO fixture, MAG5 return pump, 2 Koralia 3's, 20 GAL sump with skimmer and Fluo. light for the chaeto, approx. 80 lbs LR, etc... the coral list is long. about 8 diff paly-zoas including AOG's, Bam Bam's, Devil's Armor, Watermelon's, etc.. 2 orange Ric's, Pink and Green Birdnest's, Devil's Hand, Green Nepthea, Green Candycane, Purple and Green Digitata, Blue Cloves, Superman Montipora, Green Cloves, Green Fuzzy Mushrooms, Duncan's, etc etc..... Fish wise, i have 2 False Percula Clown's, Banghaii Cardinal, ? Tang, and a Starry Blenny. This tank has been extremely stable. I do water changes once a month and add no supplements. If anyone is interested, let me know. I am NOT parting it out as i would just as soon keep it as go through that headache. I do have or can make frags of most of the corals to sell if nothing else.

edit: i forgot to list the 10 gallon sump and auto top off built in under the stand. I fill it once a week with about 7 gal of water and don't have to worry with it again til the next weekend.

Last edited by crsswift70 on Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
75gal, 20gal fuge, DIY LED, mag5 return, 2xk3's.
reefer
Amoeba

Post by reefer »

How much for the setup? I was looking for something bigger but you never know
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

I am curious. What is the tank sitting on ?
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
crsswift70
Copepod

Post by crsswift70 »

The tank is sitting on a stand that i made. The core of it is made from 2x4's. The outside mostly fir that is stained. As for how much, i'm not sure. The light is less than a year old so is still worth a good bit all by itself (new ones are between $6-700). I'd love to get $1500 out of it. As i said, i have $2000 in it at least, but that's with buying small frags. All of them have grown well and are worth a good bit more now. But, who wants to go through the headache of fragging 30 corals :) .
kristo
Copepod

Post by kristo »

quite gorgeous... where are you located and pm me your # i would love some frags. by the way that is a scopas tang. :D
~Kris~

"You can not start a revolution with a silk glove."~Joseph Stalin
crsswift70
Copepod

Post by crsswift70 »

I thought it was but wasn't 100% sure of its name. Thanks! I live in Spanish Fort. Lots of people have been asking about frags. Most of the frags can be made for $10 except for the rarer zoas. Some of the really common stuff $5. If anyone has real interest, PM what you want and i will make a frag package with price. As you can see, the bottom of the tank is filling up with frags already and i'd like to make some room. I am limited on some of them though.
crsswift70
Copepod

Post by crsswift70 »

Tank is still available. I have pink and green birdsnest frags available as well as a couple purple digitatas, orange dragon eyes zoa's, green candy cane, and Orange Montipora. I may be fragging some of my Devil's Armor zoas as well this weekend.
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

I'm interested in some of your frags. When we come for the cheato we'll check out your frags. Please PM your # so we can call you.
Karen
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

Your tank is beautiful Chris, thanks for letting us enjoy seeing it. Your frags look great, and hope they grow as fast and beautiful as yours. Thanks also for the cheato.
Karen
crsswift70
Copepod

Post by crsswift70 »

Thank you. It was nice meeting you. Let me know how they all turn out!
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

Chris I found your little purple coral. Go to soft corals then click on Autres. Check out the 3rd from the bottom.

http://www.marinelife.com/
Karen
crsswift70
Copepod

Post by crsswift70 »

I think you may be right. A Sansibia Blue. I looked at some other sites and they look identicle. Thanks!
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

Sansibia is one of those odd, new genera that scientists have begun naming recently. Then again, they are going through a lot of soft corals and either naming or renaming them.
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
crsswift70
Copepod

Post by crsswift70 »

They are the ones in the 8th picture of my post. They are rather fragile apparently as they all "died" off when i got the original frag. Luckily, they came back over time on the original rock and are doing well now.
crsswift70
Copepod

Post by crsswift70 »

The tank is still available. I have fragged a few things but all of the mother colonies are still there.