August Meeting

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

August Meeting

Post by Amyjoe »

Okay for better clarity... Now that I am "almost" awake. Unless someone can come us with a better offer, we are going to have the meeting here at our house on August 23.... I have to work the weekend of the 16th and we are doing the field trip the weekend of the 9th and well today is actually the first weekend in August (well do the math there). I hate that it has to be that late in the month but unless someone else can volunteer for this month that is the best I can manage. :roll:

I hope that you all can make it! Let us know who will be here, so I can get an idea for what to prepare for....
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

UMMM Tis not loooking gooood!
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

Nikki and I will be there.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

You know we'll both be there :)
-Josh Murrah
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Amy's 29 gallon has a acquired an excess of baby starfish. Today i walked by the tank and noticed the strainer was almost totally clogged with macro aglea, so i pulled it off and scraped the macro aglea into my sump. Well in the process i saw at least 8 starfish some up to one inch fall off the strainer. If you have a need for them you are welcome to get a bag of mixed aglea and starfish. If you have anything that will eat these please do not take them, sumps may be a good idea if you have someplace they can use as a haven. Anyway all are welcome to get a clump, i can promise there will be starfish in every bag. I will be handing out in the meeting, so that means you HAVE to come now.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

I want a bag of that macro.
-Josh Murrah
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Ok you got it Josh. Still trying to get a head count, and its not looking good. Have not heard from alot of you saying either they are, or are not coming to this meeting ?
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Deanna and I will be there, and will try to bring two guests again. Also, I have the t-shirts, so bring some cash to pay for what you ordered!
-Josh Murrah
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

If you want me to send out an e-mail let me know the specifics. It doesn't look like there will be a huge turnout like last meeting, I just hope that there will be more there than the eight of us.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

It would be great if you could send out an e-mail. I was going to PM the group like I have in the past but an e-mail may be more well recieved. I would say Saturday 6:30 or 7:00ish, our house pretty much the same ole same o... bring yourself and anyone you wish to tag along, if you want something special to eat please post it prior to Friday so I can pick it up... also if anyone wants to bring anything to let us know so I don't double up on it. The sway in posting and the decrease in responses here are making me a little edgy. If you need the address or numbers let me know I will PM them to you.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
evermann
Amoeba

Post by evermann »

I will b there....sorry I've been out of town awhile.
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

request for the meeting everyone bring some scrapings of coraline for harbinger...
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

Scott you sending directions or do I need to post them?
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Already sent them.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Could someone bring fish bags for those wanting starfish and macro algea.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.