Live rock

This forum would make Sanford and Son's proud.

Moderator: snoopdog

bertz_maru
Amoeba

Post by bertz_maru »

im interested.... let me know whats up..
evermann
Amoeba

Post by evermann »

How much do u need or want? Even if you want half, I'm not sure I need 150lbs or more...If we could get 1 more at least tht'll split abt 100 lbs a piece of rock and a 3rd of the critters for abt 165 apiece or if 2 more are interested tht'll be 75lbs of rock and 4th of critters for 125 apiece..
How much for de women? *twack*
Ahh, your kung-fu is strong...
KrazyPlace
Astrea snail

Post by KrazyPlace »

I don't need the sand or the critters (what exactly are you expecting? Fish, snails, what? - This is new to me). I do need some live rock, 30-50 lbs depending on the price & quality. Where is it coming from? Is this cured? It sounds like you know this guy. Fill in the spaces and I'll let you know what I can commit to.
Wind me up!
evermann
Amoeba

Post by evermann »

here is the whole deal including pics ....He says he has everything but the tang...
http://reefs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=37351
lmk
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

I would be interested in some of the critters.
KrazyPlace
Astrea snail

Post by KrazyPlace »

I'm in for 1/4 of everything at $125. I need the rock, the sand and the snails (maybe a crab or two). I'm stoked, when do we get it, when do you need the money? I'll help pick it up if its on the weekend. Let's go!
Wind me up!
bertz_maru
Amoeba

Post by bertz_maru »

im interested.. PM me
KrazyPlace
Astrea snail

Post by KrazyPlace »

evermann - Does that mean we now have 4?
Wind me up!
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

I've been talking with this guy, and he sent me the same form email letting me know he had dropped his price to $500; when I read it this morning about 7am, I responded to his email, and left a voicemail, letting him know I would buy it. I've heard nothing back all day long though. If I end up getting it from the guy, all the sand and about 1/2 the rock will be available to club members.
-Josh Murrah
KrazyPlace
Astrea snail

Post by KrazyPlace »

Who ever decides to buy it (if some other person doesn't beat you guys to it) I would like 75lbs of rock, 50lbs of sand, and some snails and a few crabs. I'll pitch in $125 immediately and help pick it up.
Wind me up!
bertz_maru
Amoeba

Post by bertz_maru »

i would like maybe 75-100lbs of rock and 60lbs of sand and some snails.... let me know...
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Welp, I got a call from this guy... called me on a calling card, must be hard up for cash, plus, he's moving next week. He tried to get me to either drive all the way to Starkville, or make me pay more than $500 to meet up (said that he had another local buyer)... I wouldn't budge, told him he'd have to go with his local buyer. The guy required cash, and required that I meet him during the day Friday to exchange, and I told him I would be willing to do both, so there's a chance he'll come back to me... I'll let you guys know!
-Josh Murrah
evermann
Amoeba

Post by evermann »

Yeah, I think the guy was trying to avoid the possibility of conflict amongst locals, but it was actually me and a couple others in the group that’s getting the rock…We’re making the trip tomorrow to Hattiesburg to pick it up…There is still ¼ of this available for 140.00 for 75lbs of rock +critters and LS if you want it, possibly even fish if you want them and the gas and time it’s taking to make the trip, but yes it is tomorrow and yes the guy does need cash. After that the rock will go into one of my tanks and sell for 2.50 a lb… Yes, this guy is hard up for cash and is moving out of town soon and would rather sell it quick and cheap rather than give it to an LFS…So if interested, lmk asap
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Yep, good luck. I refused to submit to the bidding war the guy was trying to start, and wouldn't offer more than $500. It's just not worth it, when you can mail-order it for a few bucks more.

EDIT: I see what you're saying Evermann... I don't think he was trying to avoid conflict amongst locals, he was trying to get more $$ out of me if he could... I wouldn't do it :) I hope you didn't pay more than $500 for that stuff.
Last edited by ShagMan on Thu Sep 25, 2003 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Josh Murrah
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

I would like some shrimp, crabs, snail, and maybe some small coral, if you want to sell some. What kind of fish will you be getting. It's no big deal if you don't want to sell that kind of stuff, you want hurt my feelings. but if you have some extra stuff let me know. I don't want much & I don't want to feel like i'm having to compete with anybody and cause any conflicts. So just let me know if you need to sell some stuff. I can get it at the meeting if you are coming. If possible let me know by Saturday morning so I don't spend all my cash at the lfs in Miss. Thanks. e-mail me.