Case of the missing messages...

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

ImageImage

I thought I was the shitz with this bad boy.. Would type in programs from magazines, and leave it on for days and days because I had no way to save it initially.. eventually got the datasette. I still remember the smell of the thing.. had an odd smell due to the power supply getting hot. It had a wopping 5kb of ram.

Had a Timex sinclair 1000 for a short time also..

Upgraded to Comodore 64, and then IBM PC (Dual Floppies Baby!) 8086-1, 4 color games here we come.
Not sure where I went after that.. I do remember an 80386 I had that I paid $360 for an 84mb hard-drive, and I could load World of Xeen, if I took everything else off. GUS Sound card, the works.. :)
lzb3
Copepod

Post by lzb3 »

Yea I can relate...I used to train people on an IBM dedicated word Processor! Makes me feel really old....I mean, that was before the 1st REAL pc was commonly used.

Oh, and I am not ahving any more birthdays....EVER!

Elizabeth
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

You said GUS, you mean Gravis Ultrasound ?
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Yeah.. The Gravis Ultrasound, they were the bomb for tracker music. I had it hooked to my stereo to play .mods
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

I remember when i get my GUS, i just thought it was the shit. That was until i found out that it could not emulate a soundblaster pro worth a crap. So all this money i ended up buying this uber card ended up being a piece.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate