June's Turnout

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

June's Turnout

Post by Amyjoe »

I would personally like to thank Mike and Leslie for their hospitality and for hosting this month’s reef meeting. The turn out was wonderful, I would like to give a welcome to the new faces at last nights meeting- I know I didn’t catch everyone’s names but I believe the new faces included Snakeman and Ryan caught her name didn’t catch his and Jerryf and Tonia and friend (sorry did not catch her name either)… :oops: I am thinking name tags at the next meeting- and then there was Max? who was with Scott…. So missing in action were Terry and Cliff, Josh and Deanna and Alan ummmm Josh and Deanna had an excuse but for the rest of you MIA’s I expect a LONG and DETAILED explanation in writing, in the form of an essay such as “Things I will do to NOT miss the next Reef Meeting” Just kidding of course but we did miss you guys…

We need to send a shout out to those guys in Pensacola and Mississippi who haven’t made it to a meeting, we would love to see you there next month… As for the game plan it sounds like the next meeting is at Liz’s house if it is the first weekend that would be July 5th…. Liz is that the plan or the next weekend? Was this decided after we left? And I am rambling for no reason?

Again, thanks guys, sorry we had to leave early just wasn’t feeling up to par- I just really hadn’t recouped from the week in the mountains I guess. I am usually much more talkative….. hehe… :roll:

Shawn can’t wait to see Mike's documentary we are planning on posting it right? ;)

Amy
Wonder what it is going to take to get a bigger tank?????
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

lol, documentary..more like.."damn, is he ever gonna shut up??...wheres the beer?"
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Yep, Got something in the works now.
Last edited by SaltnLime on Sun Jun 15, 2003 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Yeah and I am going to post it on the Rag as Live Feed.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

uh...no
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

hehe :roll: I swear I didn't instigate it ... wasn't my idea :wink:
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

:oops: I forgot to mention someone.... We were very glad to see the addition of Scott's wife and precious little one at this meeting, I know that you guys have a very very busy schedule but I hope you can keep coming to the meetings :) We are glad you could make it.
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

We were all glad to be there and I was impressed with the turn out. There were several people whose names I didn't get, but I expect to see them at Elizabeth's house.

Scott
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Thank you Mike & Leslie.. Awesome meeting & VERY Awesome reef! Wish I would have been able to be there on time and not have to leave early.
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

its ok guys, im just glad ya'll came, it turned out great...
lzb3
Copepod

Post by lzb3 »

I had a great time. Charlie had REALLY wanted to come to the meeting, but our babysitter bailed at the last minute.

As far as the next meeting is concerned, I have small children and therefor no plans for the 4th. My goal is to get as many people to come to the meeting as is possible. Considering that, I would really like to know who WOULD NOT be able to attend the meeting, because of holiday plans. If there are enough of you , then we can put it off till the next weekend.

As for me, I am SO excited about the club and can't wait till July....I wouldn't mind having meetings more often, but my diet couldn't take it. :D

You guys let me know what works best for your schedule.

Thanks,

Elizabeth :D
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

Weekend of the 4th is good for us, we aren't going off- also I am off that weekend and work the next so it is better for us since I will be working but we will manage one way or the other.
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

We have a few people coming in that weekend to camp out on Sand Island. The next weekend would probably be better and I could not eat all week between events to keep my girlish figure.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Woh did you say girlish figure ?
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
harbingerofthefish
Copepod
Location: ^^Harbinger wishes he was way up here^^ - um...can we say abuse of power here?! and memphis, tn ;)

Post by harbingerofthefish »

okay, so here's my excuse.

this is true by the way.

I had every intention of coming to the meeting. Hell this time I was actually going to say something too. I had to work that morning. It was a volunteer off the clock thing building a 25'x50' shed outback. we got paid in beer. By the time I got home 9 hours later, and sat down...well I woke up at 9 o'clock and the surn burn on my neck kicked in. went back to sleep 2 hours later.

Hope that's good enough reason.

I really looked forward to guziling a few brews at Mike's seeing how it's only 10 minutes away from my house.
"nothing is the matter, it don't matter what you think"