Personal Web Space

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

harbingerofthefish
Copepod
Location: ^^Harbinger wishes he was way up here^^ - um...can we say abuse of power here?! and memphis, tn ;)

Post by harbingerofthefish »

:blush:

I assume everything loads fine on ya'lls pc?
I have dial up and the pics load pretty fast, didn't ever notice the scroll doesn't work unless the pic table is fully loaded. Not a thing you can check offline.

What resolution do you two run at? I use 800x600 so I designed for that, and it looks alright in 1024x768 but larger it fouls up the apperance. Being all the DIV tags are justified, I couldn't "center" the page.

so...thanks

as for what I used to do it:

Notepad
Photoshop (of course)

The BIG JAVA script is borrowed.

leaned it with the help of Pagetutor.com. I dowladed there whole site a year or so ago, then just alot of "viewing source" online and trial and error.
"nothing is the matter, it don't matter what you think"
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Notepad huh, u the man. Looks fine at 1280x1024 which is what both the laptop and my PC are at. What i was curious was do you have formal training.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
harbingerofthefish
Copepod
Location: ^^Harbinger wishes he was way up here^^ - um...can we say abuse of power here?! and memphis, tn ;)

Nope.

Just tooling around.

do I say "tooling" too much?

I was thinking of a way to have it "center" justified, but location absolutes blow that idea. The slider bar is real dependent on location.

I have to say thanks again for the space :D .
harbingerofthefish
Copepod

if you get the logo redone this week send all the stuff to me and there is a good possibility I can have it all printed out by the next meeting.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Well anyway it looks awesome, I would like to see what your capable of with some cool software and practice. If you ever need any Photoshop plugins I have a wide selection. Gonna try to finish the logo tonight, all in PDF form for you.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Was wondering. I created a website and now it is not loading correctly. I went in and reloaded the website and it worked fine for a day or so...and now it does not load again , I am new to this, but why would it work for a while and now not load correctly?
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

You know it's all a plot from Kevin. He's deleting your posts and messing up your website up.

:wink:

Hey... Can I get in on some of this Web Space Goodness.. Guess I should think of a name instead of just Brandon though.

ps: your web site is loading for me , if it is still the one pager that says updated 5/25/03.
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Brandon wrote:You know it's all a plot from Kevin. He's deleting your posts and messing up your website up.

:wink:

Hey... Can I get in on some of this Web Space Goodness.. Guess I should think of a name instead of just Brandon though.

ps: your web site is loading for me , if it is still the one pager that says updated 5/25/03.

Nope it's alot of pages . I uploaded the site to my bellsouth weblink just to make sure it was not screwed up (beginner web maker here). Seems fine so far

http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-SaltnnLimeOnline
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

I will fix it for you tomorrow, promise.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Just got through looking at the differences in the two web sites. Your one on Bellsouth has style sheets implemented and I see a path of /cobrand/p/cobrandscript.js and is probably Bellsouth only stuff. I am thinking you must had used a utility native to them to create it. If you want I can try to redirect your subdomain to them or you could make sure not to use any Bellsouth utilities to create it. But I checked and the style sheet you used is not on the directory for your web site, that is why nothing is showing up right.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

I will repost the web pages. They show up correct for a day then after that all my links and pics and stuff are removed. The bellsouth page and the one on reefcrazed are the exact same file created with the same program. Not sure.
harbingerofthefish
Copepod

hehe...bumoping an 'ol thread

did some re-tooling last night. No update on content, just a make over to some extent.

browse through it real quick and see if everything works alright.

-A
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

I am totally happy with mine now. I love the fact i can update the content from anywhere without having to worry about having it on my hard drive. Plus making small changes is not like pulling teeth. Yours is truly looking great Harbinger.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

Harbinger ~ that tank is pretty awesome.... the pic on the last page is really nice.
harbingerofthefish
Copepod

yet again some format changes, not much, just making it easier to edit content...that is when I get around to it :oops:

If you get time swing by and just make sure things load fine for ya'll

thanks

a