Jan. Meeting

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

Beaver
Amoeba

Post by Beaver »

Thanks so much for a great time. Mary and myself look forward to seeing you when you have time to come visit. Thanks to Gary and King Andy for the frags(hope your not in to much trouble) Gary those zoes are awsome...

Beaver

Billy and Karen please fill free to call and chat or come by Eddie can get in touch with me.....
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Someone make me a disk or email me some pics from the meeting. I am gunna do another bio newsletter. :shock:
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

Amyjoe wrote:Yeppers caught the Bicolor out of my tank this AM.... banished to the sump. Hate it because they are soo much fun and so cute.....
P have never had any trouble catching these darned things, TILL NOW! How did you catch yours Amy and Kevin? Since you told us about them doing it, #1 I feel better that it isn't anything I'm doing that is causing the monti and some acro problem, #2 I see him nipping nonstop on them now. :evil: Must catch the little villain.
Scott our clown and chromis flip over that food, thanks again.
Karen
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Well I sank two Dr Pepper bottles in the tank overnight filled with meaty food and he investigated near it before we went to bed. I really expected him to be in there this morning....

Well we got up and the things were empty. My eyes were barely open but Amy could see that he was in a barnacle. She quickly stuck her hand in the tank and he went deeper in the shell. She immediately threw him in the tank. Hours later the Monti's are already looking better, no kidding here.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

snoopdog wrote:Well I sank two Dr Pepper bottles in the tank overnight filled with meaty food and he investigated near it before we went to bed. I really expected him to be in there this morning....

Well we got up and the things were empty. My eyes were barely open but Amy could see that he was in a barnacle. She quickly stuck her hand in the tank and he went deeper in the shell. She immediately threw him in the tank. Hours later the Monti's are already looking better, no kidding here.
The barnacle thing is how I have aways caught the little devils, but they are on to me now. :? Better luck tomarrow.
Karen
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

I've got some small fish hooks.
RENTON: I chose not to choose life. I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got Heroin?
KrazyPlace
Astrea snail

Post by KrazyPlace »

Dump one of those Lion fish in there for a few days and don't feed him. Sure you'll lose all your shrimp, but that little pest will be gone! :lol: Then you can catch him with Jason's fishhook! :lol:
Wind me up!
KrazyPlace
Astrea snail

Post by KrazyPlace »

Jahdiel wrote:...since you told us about them doing it, #1 I feel better that it isn't anything I'm doing that is causing the monti and some acro problem...
It's just my opinion, but I think you need the refugium setup ASAP. Nitrates over 5-10 will cause many acro and monti corals to die. Of course a little demon fish can have the same affect.
Wind me up!
max
Amoeba

Post by max »

Thanks Billy and Karen for hosting. We had a great time. Love the tanks. Did we miss the hurling contest? Maybe we'll catch it next time.
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

Scott wrote:
Main thanks to Shawn for the commentary on needles on the front porch. That was seriously the funniest thing I have heard since the last meeting you were drinking at :lol: :lol: .

AH :roll: UM :? I kinda missed about 1/2 hour there, Was still looking for my drink I set down, (Clearing my throat) :oops: By the time I got to the porch I couldn't stop laughing at Andy scoping out my bushes. Could I by chance hear that needles one at the next meeting? :P
Karen
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

I also must have missed the thing about needles. I may have heard it, but I don't remember some of the things that were going on past 10:00pm (or so). Crissie has been reminding me of the things that I did, and some of the things I remember and others I can't. I have learned this from Saturday night. When you are drunk no one is deaf, you don't have to scream at everyone.
JIM
Amoeba

Post by JIM »

Sorry karen and Billy my wife had plans for me hope every thing
went well.Was there a good turn out? As far as the bi blemmys
Im a player I love those little guys(there cool)
(YELLING JIM)
Melissakins
Bristleworm

Post by Melissakins »

What's wrong with bi-color blenny's? I've had one in my tank for a long time now....and we've had Super Fred for a couple years now

Enjoyed the meeting!
"You can say any fool thing to a dog, and the dog will give you this look that says, `My God, you're RIGHT! I NEVER would've thought of that!'" - Dave Barry

40 gallon tall
15 gallon refugium
2.5 gallon mantis tank
JOYAWAITSYOU
Amoeba

Post by JOYAWAITSYOU »

Karen it was so nice to meet you. The Reef tanks are just Beautiful. Was good to get out and meet all of you. Sure was a nice group to show up.
Thank you for opening your home to all of us. Will see you at the next meeting. Have a great week. Joy Giacchina

JOYAWAITSYOU
MY SECOND HOBBY...JOY'S PAMPERED POODLES....DIABLO....TOOTSIE ROLL.......& JOURNEY :)
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Melissakins wrote:What's wrong with bi-color blenny's? I've had one in my tank for a long time now....and we've had Super Fred for a couple years now

Enjoyed the meeting!
I have had two and they both picked at my Monti's religiously
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate