Advertising the reef club and this forum?

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

i think a buisness card with the logo would be awsome...i think its a great logo and would look kick ass on a buisness card
harbingerofthefish
Copepod
Location: ^^Harbinger wishes he was way up here^^ - um...can we say abuse of power here?! and memphis, tn ;)

Post by harbingerofthefish »

yeah a 1000 cards might be pushng it and could probally ask for a smaller (500 or less) amount. I just don't know for sure if they could deo a batch of like 50 cards. But i'm sure if we proposed a design any quantity could be arranged.

as for the MBRK logo. It's a pretty simplistic design (color wise) to print and I think it would look cool in a gloss card.
"nothing is the matter, it don't matter what you think"
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

sounds good to me
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

I talked to Rich a while back and he was ok with it.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

lzb3 wrote:This sounds like a great idea. Also some other thoughts.....Rich would probably take a stack of cards to give out. Also, the Mobile Register has an "About Town" section where they list club meetings and functions. If it cost anything at all, it isn't much at all! My neighbor works at the Register, I can ask her about it if anyone is interested. Of course, we have to have a time and plave to meet and have it settled by the deadline for the meeting.

Just some thoughts!

Elizabeth :D
Sounds like a good idea. :idea:
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
harbingerofthefish
Copepod
Location: ^^Harbinger wishes he was way up here^^ - um...can we say abuse of power here?! and memphis, tn ;)

Kevin, the logo, what did you use to make it? Photoshop? do you still have the .psd file for it, or an uncompressed copy. Looking at the prop. of the gif it's only 3K so I don't think that would transfer into print very well. If you have a 300dpi version that'd be perfect. If you have one and could email it to me i'll take it to work and see what happens.Oh and how many is everyone thinking? 100,200,500,etc...?
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Was this one too small ?

It was done in Photoshop 7
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

ey, Isn't that Nudibranch thing in the logo a reef nightmare. I've read alot of posts that say they eat corals. Is this true? Or is that just certain kinds :?:
harbingerofthefish
Copepod

I'll see what we can do with the .jpg

so the logo and "europa.lunarpages.com/~reefcr2/php2bb/index.php" on it?
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Nah, how about boards.reefcrazed.com and if everyone thinks that our club is still a good idea let me know. I think it is about time we have our own domain.

And to answer the question, yes they can be a hazard, but the are hundreds of type of Nudibranch and all have a different diet. While we are still in the early phases of our club the logo can be changed, just say the word and give me an idea of what you want for our logo.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
harbingerofthefish
Copepod

yeah, boards.reefcrazed.com I figured out my mistake, just didn't edit the post.

I kinda like the logo. the branch is cool looking. As far as my exp. with them, I killed the little zoo eating bast... :twisted:
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

sounds cool, i still love the logo....
jerryf
Amoeba

Post by jerryf »

I'm obviously too late for this meeting, but I'd love to attend meetings in the future. I really want to learn more about reefing and ya'll don't sound like the geeks I was afraid would be into this (hope I don't offend anyone with that one).

Please keep me informed. Since I travel during the week, i don't always have the time to play on my computer when I'm home. I like the idea of e-mails being sent to members as a reminder of upcoming meetings. It would've helped me plan for this one.

Plus, I notice you have a couple of others in the Pcola area that may want to carpool. Either way, I'd still make the trip.

Jerry
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Well the next meeting will be in Daphne, slightly closer to you neck of the woods. Welcome to the club and hope to see you as a regular poster )
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

WElcome jerryf. We hope to see you around . The forum and club are both in thier infancy , but we expect to do nothing but grow from here.