Advertising the reef club and this forum?

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Advertising the reef club and this forum?

Post by Scott »

Ok it seems that interest is waning a bit. I noticed that fewer people are posting and I am afraid that the next meeting could be held in a walk in closet. WHat are some things that we can do to get new members and traffic on the forum? I know that Mike has a flyer up at Waggy Tail, but there has to be other ways. I am going to send an e-mail to those that have never participated. I also thought about making up some business cards with the address to the forum and maybe a few e-mail addresses of some of the more experienced members. I would have like having these a few times when I was at B&B watching some sucker buying a half dead coral. Any other suggestions?

Scott
Last edited by Scott on Tue Aug 12, 2003 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

yeah, poor guy.....
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

We could hire a streaker to run naked around the B&B parking lot with our website address painted on 'em in bold green letters. Bet we would use some bandwidth then. :oops:

No seriously though..........

...You would want the streaker to be at least wearing logo'd undies. And If we could get a fast one on the payroll and they could dodge the cops for a little while......we might get some media coverage too. :D 8)
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Are you up for is Shawn?
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

I am thinking Shawn is the man for the job!!!! Just think of the publicity :shock: He may not be allowed back in B&B though.... :roll: But it would be all worth it!!!!
Wonder what it is going to take to get a bigger tank?????
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

Just a thought since Liz knows the owner of B&B maybe we could talk her into talking him into (hope that made since) having the sales associates hand out the possible business cards... As a promo of the Reef Club maybe we could promise to put a banner or something on the web page? Same goes for Waggy Tail, and so on? Not to boost there business but to boost ours....
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Actually if you peeps want something to be handed out in B&B I can talk to the owner Bill also. We go way back. It's his evil sister that makes me wanna throw water on her till she melts. :twisted:

Maybe that's a little harsh. :wink:

As far as the streaker... I'll take the job! I have'nt had to be bailed outta jail since........er ahhmmmm... never... really :oops:
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

HEHE
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

I've already talked with Jonathan (the ponytailed guy) about this, and he said that we're very welcome to put up a flyer about the club, on the cork board in the saltwater area.
-Josh Murrah
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

ShagMan wrote:I've already talked with Jonathan (the ponytailed guy) about this, and he said that we're very welcome to put up a flyer about the club, on the cork board in the saltwater area.

That would do for people who read the board, but I was thinking more along the lines of trying to get one handed out at the register to saltwater customers. Or maybe laminate one and see if they will hang it my the saltwater table.
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

That's more what I was thinking. A business card with our logo on it and the this address. We all could keep a couple in our wallets or purses and give some to the people who work at B&B and the Waggy Tail. I have never even looked at the cork board at B&B but we should cover that base for those that do. If they could put a flyer on the front door so that you see it when you walk in that would be even better.

Do you all want to take a shot at it and submit them here or is there someone out there that is overly good at something like this and can take critizisms to get is perfect?

Scott
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

LOL, as far as creativity I am probably not the man for the job....
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
harbingerofthefish
Copepod
Location: ^^Harbinger wishes he was way up here^^ - um...can we say abuse of power here?! and memphis, tn ;)

Post by harbingerofthefish »

I work for a printing/mailing company, and as I was was leaving I bumped into the man in charge and just asked about a ball park figure on getting a box of buisness cards. Basically $50 for 1000-so split this up with 10 people and $5 is less than I drop each day on food and smokes. These of course wouldn't be the home print job kind. These would be done on 4 color presses. Of course depending on the card stock used and what exactly the look was(glossy, etc...) the price may vary but I might be able to swing a little break, being as I work there, and they do like promotion anyway they can get it. Of course I'm sure I could give them design ideas and the pre press dept. could knock out a design, but it probally would cost more and with more than one person involved in this descision making, it might be easier to come up with a couple agreeable designs first.
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Sounds good to me, but I don't really think we will need that many. My thought was to take the MBRK icon with the nudibranch and the web site address here. Any other ideas or suggestions on the business cards.

Scott
lzb3
Copepod

Post by lzb3 »

This sounds like a great idea. Also some other thoughts.....Rich would probably take a stack of cards to give out. Also, the Mobile Register has an "About Town" section where they list club meetings and functions. If it cost anything at all, it isn't much at all! My neighbor works at the Register, I can ask her about it if anyone is interested. Of course, we have to have a time and plave to meet and have it settled by the deadline for the meeting.

Just some thoughts!

Elizabeth :D